What do you do when....

mrp2049

...a client who has no relationship with a previous client, (and at a guess has probably not looked through your portfolio) send you an image they would like you to work with that you have already used?!?

ARGH!!!

bad day?

I did this ages ago, (hence if you are using a large monitor you might have problems, I didnt know better) and now I've been sent the same TV to use by another client!!!!!!!

They both sent me that image! ARGH! DAM GOOGLE IMAGE SERACH!!!!!

I think I'm going to go cry...

But seriously, any ideas? Should I just try and use a different image? I am tempted to go round the corner to the antiques/junk shop and photograph one of the TV's in there and just explain the situation to the client.

i think he was trying to say that he'd done one job for a client with an image they found on google images, and now a new client is asking for the same image...?

you tell the client that you have a better idea and image.

Never admit any shortcomings, or you are dead in the water.

Berry said:
you tell the client that you have a better idea and image.

Never admit any shortcomings, or you are dead in the water.

I've got a better selection of images to show them, so fingers crossed.

tim-ater said:
i think he was trying to say that he'd done one job for a client with an image they found on google images, and now a new client is asking for the same image...?

I wish i could talk better....

Berry said:
That's why we have keypads, fingers, forums, and 60 minutes in every hour.

its amazing that I managed to write 2 dissertations! I babble when I talk and type!

just say you, as a designer need to know you have rights to use the image and also that they have rights to use it as well, say you could recomend a stock photo or something...

br3n said:
just say you, as a designer need to know you have rights to use the image and also that they have rights to use it as well, say you could recomend a stock photo or something...

Good idea :clap:

I actually got a better one off istock and I'm gonna push that on them whenever i meet them this week. (It's for a band, every band ever is a nightmare to organise...)

Back