• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do you do when....


mrp2049

Senior Member
#1
...a client who has no relationship with a previous client, (and at a guess has probably not looked through your portfolio) send you an image they would like you to work with that you have already used?!?

ARGH!!!

bad day?

I did this ages ago, (hence if you are using a large monitor you might have problems, I didnt know better) and now I've been sent the same TV to use by another client!!!!!!!

They both sent me that image! ARGH! DAM GOOGLE IMAGE SERACH!!!!!

I think I'm going to go cry...

But seriously, any ideas? Should I just try and use a different image? I am tempted to go round the corner to the antiques/junk shop and photograph one of the TV's in there and just explain the situation to the client.
 

tim

Senior Member
#3
i think he was trying to say that he'd done one job for a client with an image they found on google images, and now a new client is asking for the same image...?
 

berry

Active Member
#4
you tell the client that you have a better idea and image.

Never admit any shortcomings, or you are dead in the water.
 

mrp2049

Senior Member
#5
Berry said:
you tell the client that you have a better idea and image.

Never admit any shortcomings, or you are dead in the water.
I've got a better selection of images to show them, so fingers crossed.

tim-ater said:
i think he was trying to say that he'd done one job for a client with an image they found on google images, and now a new client is asking for the same image...?
I wish i could talk better....
 

br3n

Senior Member
#10
just say you, as a designer need to know you have rights to use the image and also that they have rights to use it as well, say you could recomend a stock photo or something...
 

mrp2049

Senior Member
#11
br3n said:
just say you, as a designer need to know you have rights to use the image and also that they have rights to use it as well, say you could recomend a stock photo or something...
Good idea :clap:

I actually got a better one off istock and I'm gonna push that on them whenever i meet them this week. (It's for a band, every band ever is a nightmare to organise...)