Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when....

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by mrp2049, Mar 15, 2009.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

...a client who has no relationship with a previous client, (and at a guess has probably not looked through your portfolio) send you an image they would like you to work with that you have already used?!?

ARGH!!!

bad day?

I did this ages ago, (hence if you are using a large monitor you might have problems, I didnt know better) and now I've been sent the same TV to use by another client!!!!!!!

They both sent me that image! ARGH! DAM GOOGLE IMAGE SERACH!!!!!

I think I'm going to go cry...

But seriously, any ideas? Should I just try and use a different image? I am tempted to go round the corner to the antiques/junk shop and photograph one of the TV's in there and just explain the situation to the client.

2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

wtf... i dont understand

3. tim

tim Senior Member

i think he was trying to say that he'd done one job for a client with an image they found on google images, and now a new client is asking for the same image...?

4. berry

berry Active Member

you tell the client that you have a better idea and image.

Never admit any shortcomings, or you are dead in the water.

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I've got a better selection of images to show them, so fingers crossed.

I wish i could talk better....

6. berry

berry Active Member

That's why we have keypads, fingers, forums, and 60 minutes in every hour.

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

its amazing that I managed to write 2 dissertations! I babble when I talk and type!

8. berry

berry Active Member

don't we all!:D

9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

verbal diarrhoea....

10. br3n

br3n Senior Member

just say you, as a designer need to know you have rights to use the image and also that they have rights to use it as well, say you could recomend a stock photo or something...

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Good idea :clap:

I actually got a better one off istock and I'm gonna push that on them whenever i meet them this week. (It's for a band, every band ever is a nightmare to organise...)