Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you collect?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Michae, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Michae

Michae Member

I was wondering what you collect? I don't collect much, mostly because of space-and-money issues :p But some things I do collect:

-My little ponies (I started yesterday, so it DOES count!)
    -Cartoons, well only one, a Norwegian one called Nemi. The londoners might know it, it goes in the paper Metro Nemi |
    -Harry Potter books

That qualifies me as a geek, doesn't it?
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

software for mac.

otherwise, nothing. i'm not good with keeping stuff together....

OOHOOOOH I collect planes you can put together :D like a giant concorde one.
  3. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Books, on anything and everything. Including comic books and graphic novels (yes that does make me a geek too!)

(The last two seem quite normal, but I have abnormal amounts of them!)

Alcoholic memorabilia (Jack Daniels, Guinness), Most presents, and the odd stolen pint glass.

The only other thing I collect on a regular basis is dust.
  4. Film and books :D

Not much else really... :)
  5. berry

berry Active Member

guitars and junk email
  6. deluzione

deluzione Member

Other than that, not much. I had a collection of miniature Ferrari's when I was living back in the Netherlands, but I left that behind, along with almost everything I had, So I have to start collecting new awesome stuff.

I collect pretty websites on Rotatecanvas - Inspiration for digital designers though :)
  7. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I love Nemi!! I read it on the way to work every day.

The only thing I collect is vinyl records.
  8. Psygon

Psygon Junior Member

9. endofgeneric

endofgeneric Member

I collect business cards, well-designed ones anyway!

I did start collecting beer mats but haven't kept it up much.

A ton of CDs.

Band t-shirts :)
  10. Michae

Michae Member

Oh, I forgot one thing! I collect Neil Gaiman-stuff. His books mostly. I guess you can call it "collecting" when you buy everything from one author, eh?

Aarlev: How cool :D

Psygon: Those are so cool!
  11. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

paper - for recycling...
    Steve's washing off the floor...
    rediculously free themes and resources, that I rarely use....
  12. brandmantra

brandmantra Junior Member

in my childhood I loved to collect the pictures of famous players, but now I collect new songs and wallpapers.
  13. thomashodgson

thomashodgson Senior Member

I try to collect cash but I'm not very good at it! :-(
  14. Greg

Greg Active Member

- Domain Names
    - Business/Entrepreneur Autobiographies (wasn't aware until I looked up and realized that they dominate my book collection!!)
    -Old .Net magazines (same as above, it's just crept up on me!)
  15. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

unopened post. web development tools/plugins. istockphoto previews that aren't selected by the client.
  16. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Haha..Yeah same here. I'm really good at collecting bills and credit cards though :)
  17. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

I use to collect comics like a right little nerd until I sold what I had to another collector because I didn't have the space.

About 4 months back I got the urge to start again, haven't got many but I've getting there.
  18. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

A guy I used to work for and I went through a phase about 2 years ago of buying old games consoles and games. We had, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Spectrum ZX, Comodore 64 and a gameboy. Almost every day a new game would turn up in the office for one of us, tapes & cartridges we spent a stupid amount of time on ebay
  19. I used to flat share with a guy who collected Apple Macs.. had 86 of them i think, turned them into furniture.. like coffee tables and fish tanks.. was crazy as hell LOL
  20. Michae

Michae Member

LOL chrismitchell I'd love to see that, sounds hilarious