Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What colour do you see?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jordan, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I have just seen this image online and it appears most people see different coolours, which colours do you see?

2. The Simulator

The Simulator Active Member

Browny gold?
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

dark colour - grey/brown... or a warm grey depending on how you want to describe it
    light colour - mid grey... although likely a white
    background - mixtures of 'town colours'
  4. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

People online and in this office have said they can see white and gold, I get how they can see the gold as the black looks a dirty browny gold colour.
    GilmoreVisuals likes this.
  5. Levi

to be fair the colour could be being thrown out by colour calibration on the screen and the camera... for all we know it could be gold and silver lol
  6. Levi

after venturing onto a few blogs I've now seen this image being called blue and black as the correct answer.....with a picture showing the dress on the makers website in blue and black.... they kind of miss the fact that if you click the small squares to the right it shows it comes in other colours including white and black.... :rolleyes:

You just got to love US net neutrality day... or as it will likely forever be remembered... llama day

edit: that picture does look slightly more bluish now though for some reason....maybe the outside light from the window threw it off a little earlier... hmm
  7. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

People are litterally freaking out in the office over this picture. People are 100% sure its white and gold and same people have now looked again and say its blue.
    GilmoreVisuals likes this.
  8. wac

wac Senior Member

I actually find this quite shocking. No matter which way I look at it, the dress is categorically blue and black. It’s beginning to make me question the way humanity as a species, visually interprets the world!

Do the people who see the dress differently think that there were white aliens in the Eifel 65 video? Do they think America is run by a charismatic gold man?
  9. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

I'm so so so confused. I saw this on reddit a few hours ago and it doesn't make sense. Where in the world is the white coming from?

As you said Jordan i get the black being seen as gold but white vs blue?! How?
  10. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Attached... where is the white??? Ahhrhhggg XD

Attached Files:

11. Levi

But is it really as 'blue' as the actual blue dress is, it's literally a really dark blue - just follow the link.

Now the tones we have in the image on here can easily be attributed to white balance/shadows etc when it was taken if it's a white/black dress.

Not to mention it has one of those 'colour tricks' where if you look at colour a for x seconds it changes the colour of colour b
  12. The Simulator

The Simulator Active Member

ok. i've just seen this again on the laptop and now it is 100% blue and black. Desktop monitor it was 100% white/gold. and that's meant to be the better of the 2 screens!
  13. New Member

Black and blue now and yesterday evening. Y-day afternoon I saw gold and white. I'm starting to think someone's playing with us.
    The Simulator likes this.
  14. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I looked at the image and it was white and gold I thought, I thought it was a new picture, I looked away and looked at the same pic again and it was blue and black! some freaky stuff going on here.
    The Simulator likes this.
  15. floriographic

floriographic Member

Same happened to me.. mega freaked out! Been trying ever since to see the white and gold again but i just can't.
  16. Levi

It's got the same visual trick as those 'spinning' images and 'burnt in images' that you see on other sites, sure gizmodo showed a load.
  17. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I see gold and white, much to my fiancée's utter shock and confusion. Apparently this means the way my brain interprets colour is wrong. Pretty damning for an illustrator!
  18. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

I'm with you Jim, how can it possibly be black unless it's a bad photo? I'm sure most of our jobs would be sent back to us if our eyes were that bad!

(I've only posted this so it's not your face dominating the forum) ;)
  19. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

It is a bad photo Wardy, a decent photo of the same dress is floating about the internet now as well, proving it's blue & blackness. Apparently it was freak fluke of lighting and digital image processing...

Join me, Wardy... and together we will rule the forum with our faces. Or something.
    Wardy likes this.