What are the attribution requirements for using Vecteezy graphics?

Tabathavm

Hello.
I am wanting to do Custom Business Cards and I have used vecteezy in the past for personal uses. But what are my options for giving attribution when using their graphics on business cards that I sell? Surely, the clients will not approve of "Vecteezy" stamped on their business cards.....

It depends on the individual license for whatever you download. Ideally you want a 'no attribution' license which means you don't have to give credit once you've purchased the file.

If you click the 'license info' under the image it tells you everything you need to know...... on the 'non premium' items, you just need to buy it with 'credits' which you can get by signing up to a premium package, then you don't need to give attribution.

Careful with vecteezy and other free vector sites, a lot of times the licenses do not allow you to use the illustrations in commercial use.

istock, adobe stock, 123RF, etc. all reputable sites that sell good quality vectors.

Careful with vecteezy and other free vector sites, a lot of times the licenses do not allow you to use the illustrations in commercial use.

istock, adobe stock, 123RF, etc. all reputable sites that sell good quality vectors.

Most Vecteezy vectors are available for commercial use with attribution or the purchase of a non-attribution license. There are some “Editorial Use Only” vectors on the site but they are clearly marked and easy to filter out of your Search results. Shutterstock also has “Editorial Use Only” vectors so it’s not just Vecteezy.

Most Vecteezy vectors are available for commercial use with attribution or the purchase of a non-attribution license. There are some “Editorial Use Only” vectors on the site but they are clearly marked and easy to filter out of your Search results. Shutterstock also has “Editorial Use Only” vectors so it’s not just Vecteezy.

We have to make people aware of these issues with using sites that give away free stuff - as it's very important.

I selected a random image and clicked the license

This file is free for Personal and Commercial use, but you must give attribution in one of the following ways:

• Video: please add Vecteezy.com in the final credits
  • Print: please add Vecteezy.com in the final copy
  • Web: copy and paste the following code for attribution

This means even if it's video, print or web - you have to add Vecteezy.com the credits, final printed copy, or on the website somewhere.

In print this looks extremely tacky and unprofessional.

istock, shutterstock, adobe stock and many other sites do not require you to give attribtuion to the stock image once it's used.

Let's just be clear on that - I'm not badding up vecteezy, but it does come with a "user beware"

And shutter stock, istock, adobe stock - editorial use means for newspapers, magazines etc, and it's a different licensing model.

We have to make people aware of these issues with using sites that give away free stuff - as it's very important.

I selected a random image and clicked the license

This means even if it's video, print or web - you have to add Vecteezy.com the credits, final printed copy, or on the website somewhere.

In print this looks extremely tacky and unprofessional.

istock, shutterstock, adobe stock and many other sites do not require you to give attribtuion to the stock image once it's used.

Let's just be clear on that - I'm not badding up vecteezy, but it does come with a "user beware"

You only copied the first half of the license. Keep reading and you'll find:

Purchase this file and receive a commercial use license. You get broad commercial rights, so you can use items with confidence on commercial projects. No attribution required!
Buy credits to download this file.
Still have questions? Visit our Support page.

iStock, shutterstock, adobe stock and many other sites do not require you to give attribution because it's locked behind a paywall so the download COMES with it's own license by default. Vecteezy gives a lot of content away for free so the trade-off there is that attribution is required. If you don't want to attribute becuase it looks tacky then just buy a license so you don't have to attribute.

Exactly why you have to be extremely careful when purchasing licenses and ensure you have the correct license for usage.

Vecteezy is a good site - but you need to be careful on how you use the images and also to purchase the image if you want to use it without attribution.

On the front it looks like they are all free to use and without consequence, you really do have to read the license to understand how it works.

Let's be very clear, vecteezy is free to use with attribution, and you have to pay to remove the attribution.

I already said you can find all this out by just clicking and reading the license on the images you want to use but generally speaking you just need to be a premium member if you don't want to give attribution.

Why is it being made more complicated for no reason....

Back