We've (finally) launched our new site

bluecube

I think this may well be my first post on here this year, reason being i've been working hard to get my new site live, which was a little nerve racking for me after all I'm supposed to be the web expert.

Anyway the new site is live - Home Page: Blue Cube - be grateful for some feedback guys.

Regards

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Quick feedback on first viewing, I would set your text in the introduction & 3 points on how you work to align left, justify doesn't let your eye flow the content very well IMO.

The honest truth from me is that it doesnt work and looks pretty amature. My appologies.

*The navigation at the top appears seperate and design-less, an afterthought which doesnt tie in at all with the rest of the design.

*The side bar gradients dont sit particulary well - theyre too harsh and need to blend in a smoother style

*the main body text doesnt have a place to "sit" its just dumped ontop of the image and doesnt evoke the reader to actually read the content.

*the outer glow's on the icons doesnt really inspire me either, perhaps put the icons on the boxes in perspective rather than just dumped ontop?

Theres generally loads of mis or unused space and poorly presented text. :(

Kind of agree with pretty much everything Brendan said (that could be down to him pointing it out), the outer glows really stand out as a negative point for me, did you try using the cubes without the glow? Or maybe use the 3D feature in Ps/illu to give it a bit of shading for it, i don't think the outer glow is really needed.

boxes.jpg

IMO that looks better, and makes it more obvious its supposed to be a a cube

I wasnt sure where the shadows would lie so made a super quick 3dsm render
boxes5.jpg

Blank box here
http://br3n.co.uk/boxes4.jpg

Feel free to use if you like, My point is that you can make it sooo much more, and communicate the brand throughout the site.

Nice examples Brendan, they look really sharp... and very nice of you to take the time to do that :)
Much prefer those to the outer glow cube examples Nathan.

Back