Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I would click "new posts" button but..

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Wee Jimmy, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

It'd probably take me the same length of time i've been away to get through it all. So, what's new peeps?

Been a very long and manic few months, but I breath still! and feel much better for it surprisingly :D

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Well DF is only gonna be up for another week or so. Greg said 19 days, but the original topic was posted a while back. Let me see if I can find it back, should probably be somewhere at the top.

EDIT by Greg (to save reading the whole thread): This is a joke, the forums will not be closing anytime soon!

EDIT: can't immediately find it back but it's kinda late so my eyes must be fooling me :confused:
    I'm sure someone will link up the original post, or you can look for it yourself.

But basically, activity has gone downhill for the past few months and Greg's forum license is about to expire. He intended on upgrading to a different platform but apparently they released a new version and it's gone up in price and now he doesn't want to go through the hassle anymore :cry:

For what it's, worth welcome back :(

3. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

Oh bollocks :(

4. davewill

davewill Senior Member

I didnt know that! Since when? :confused:

5. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

As there are no forum posts regarding this and Greg hasn't sent out an email informing anyone of this, I choose not to believe it.

6. DWildish

DWildish Member

Aw boo :(

7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I missed that announcement... But has Anagoge says, since Greg hasn't sent out an email, I call bull****.

8. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Some of you guys are too easily convinced [​IMG]

9. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

10. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Lol Kev you little (searches for un-censorable options) trickster! Glad I didn't fall for it now, tho your lie was suitably detailed.

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

It's with deep regret, that I have to announce the pending closure of Design Forums. Not for the specific reason Kevin mentioned, but just down to a lack of time to actively manage and promote the community. I've done a blog post on my own site which explains a bit more about the reasons behind the decision :(

EDIT by Greg (to save reading the whole thread): This is a joke, the forums will not be closing anytime soon!

12. davewill

davewill Senior Member

the only response i have to that link is :mad:

13. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

You clever bastard.

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

I can understand your anger at this unfortunate situations guys!!

15. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Uh, what, eh, whe... !!! If thats genuine Greg I am seriously gutted. Shame. I understand your reasons but I believe this to be the best and biggest design forum in the UK.

16. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I blame the Tories!

Berry will blame Morrisions.

17. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Either way it's focked.

18. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

There is of course the other forum... The one which we do not speak of [​IMG]

19. Greg

Greg Active Member

You read my blog post, right?

Correct.

20. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Nope, I've been away a bit lately.

[EDIT] Oh, damn. I don't know WHAT to think anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.