Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well hello - it's been a long time

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by allyally2k, Apr 23, 2014.

1. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Hi all,

Thought I'd say a little hello to everyone as I haven't been on Design Forums in a loooooong time. I have no idea who still uses this forum but I can still see a few familiar names. I've changed my screen name from allyally2k to Sweetsmith - as Sweetsmith is my business name and website.

So a little bit about me:

I'm 28 from Middlesbrough, North East
    I studied Graphic Design at Teesside Uni
    I've been working as an in house Graphic Designer for the last 6 years. I also do freelance work and i've slowly been building up my portfolio in my spare time (what spare time!)
    I get a lot of requests for bespoke wedding stationery and I really like this kind of work, so I'm hoping to really focus on promoting what I can offer and to promote my business more in the next few months/year.

I have a baby boy, Max who has just turned 1!

When I last used this forum i found it very helpful and it was good to chat with like minded people... so looking forward to getting invloved again.

2. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Hello, welcome back. :)
  3. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Hey! Nice to hear from you. I don't think I was around when you were - I'm guessing you recognize the likes of Levi or Greg?

There have been changes of management and so on but overall not extremely busy forums, which i guess is a global online trend, unfortunately.

It would be good but I think near to impossible to boost the overall use. Oh, and congrats on your baby!
  4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome back Ally.
  5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member'll likely still know a fair few of us :)
  6. Welcome to the forums... again! I don't think we met but It's great to have you back :)
  7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure you did but you were a fresh face newbie so it was a fair while ago :p
  8. wac

wac Senior Member

Welcome back. You should post some pics of the bespoke wedding stationery you've done when you get a chance.