weird text glitch..

bamme

Hi people

wow..im dominating the newbie questions hah!

ive just finished this page:

UK Female Pop Rock Artist - download new music and mp3s - Ziggi

and i notice the text from the right column sort of spilling under the left column and overlapping it on the last line (see attached "...part of your message")

does anyone know how to avoid this? feel free to look at the code, its a bit scruffy at the moment, would be good to get some help.. really annoying little problem..

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 12
  • style.css.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 0
Throw a floated right div around the text—that's if you haven't already. I can't view source on my phone but it seems like that might be it. Apologies if not.

Wouldn't increasing the height/bottom margin of the form by say 100px do it?
Sorry haven't checked your source code but it would save on the extra mark up if it does. :)

glenwheeler said:
it will be it, Harry is beast! CSS beast...why dont you register CSSBEAST.CO.UK?

:p

Jazajay said:
Wouldn't increasing the height/bottom margin of the form by say 100px do it?
Sorry haven't checked your source code but it would save on the extra mark up if it does. :)

Well the extra markup will make it more bulletproof. If the copy changes you end up making markup and CSS amends so it's better to pop a div in there that will allow for any situations in future.

I found it - i had a div id within the html, but a class specified in my css file for the containing div of the right hand side text.. i floated it left, not right, but it seems to work (??)

..I like reading Harry and Jaz's debates and hope that one day I'll have the knowledge to be able to confidently side with either of them..:p

@Emma
And on that day it will be me you side with my dear, trust me. :D

@My nemesis,
Well I'll agree to disagree you know how sad I get over useless code. :< :D

Jaz

Back