Week 1: Vintage Poster Designs

Joey3537

So, right now I'm putting together my portfolio with some great new content. I've challenged myself to think of a theme each week and to come up with a new poster design related to that theme for every consecutive day. As a way to keep motivated, I will create a thread showcasing the theme of the week and updating it with content as it becomes available. Please feel free to ask questions and provide feedback.

For this week, I've chosen vintage cars. Please have a look at what I've done so far:

Side note: I mean no offense showcasing an American pride poster on a UK forum. ;)

classic poster 2 DS.jpgCar Wash Poster DS.jpg

Let's just critique a bit on the 3rd one didn't really look at the others.
Doesn't really say "premium".
And "Walk-in" welcome - that's a bit funny, car is broken down so you would walk in :LOL::LOL::LOL:

They look ok - but without a process behind it it's just a picture that you came up with.

There's no call to action - no info on how to contact etc.

Honest opinion, on first glance they look like you've found the filters section in instagram or something.... the mustang is clearly a photoshop filter. Vintage style doesn't mean it needs to look old/dirty/worn out, even a vintage piece would have been new at one point in it's life.

Also since when has a volkswagen, which translated literally means 'people's car' been seen as a premium brand, even more so with the vintage beetle was basically a mass market car at a 'cheap price'

Back