Website with Multiple Email Addresses

bsugar

Hi,

I am about to cutomize a website for a client using a template. Instead of the usual contact form which sends visitors messages to one email address the client wants visitors to be able to send emails to various addresses:

for example: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Will I need to get into the code of the theme and create these fields/forms etc or is there a plugin that will sort this out? I haven't seen a website which gives visitors a visable list of email addresses to choose from in years so I am thinking there must a plugin for this. Any advice or useful feedback is appreciated

I will be using Wordpress to customize by the way.

Thanking you for your time :rolleyes:

It'd probably be easier to build your own contact form to achieve the functionality you need although that would depend on your php abilities?

Hi Big Dave,

I don't know PHP yet, just a little html and css.

Is there no plugin could resolve the issue?

What's the reasoning behind this request?

Does the client want users to be able to select an email address or query type from a list or something, or are we talking about multiple contact forms, with a specific form on specific pages that relate to the content on that page?

If you require multiple forms then any decent form plugin should allow you to create multiples and set an email address for each form. Don't have one to list off the top of my head though.

Paul is right, if each email address is an independent form, something like Contact Form7 would work just fine. Although if you need all of the contact forms on a single page, it'd look a mess unless you use a bit of jQuery to show and the hide forms.

If you need any help with either building a contact form from scratch or writing the jQuery to show and hide multiple forms, give me a shout.

Hi all.

Thanks for your time Paul and Dave. The client wants users to be able to select an email address from a list of email addresses which are all on one page.

Big Dave: Its probably best that I add the plugins for the various forms and get the jQuery written to show and hide the forms. Big Dave, I would be really grateful for any help you could offer. Just wanted to ask though. How will updates and new versions of wordpress work on the page the contact page after these changes have been made?

Thanking you :)

Thanks for your time Paul and Dave. The client wants users to be able to select an email address from a list of email addresses which are all on one page.

This is likely going to result in an awkward user experience. How will the user know which email address they should be using? Rather than selecting an actual email address, I'd use a user-friendly label that relates to that email address, much like you have with online support tickets, i.e. you say that your query is about "payments and billing" or "cancelling your subscription" and the message is sent onto the relevant department.

I'd do something like that so users send their message to the correct address without actually having to know which address to use.

The perfect solution in your situation might well be http://fancybox.net/

It might sound like an odd solution to a contact form problem BUT using fancybox pop-ups would enable you to create multiple links to forms, mainly using css and a tiny bit of copy & paste jquery, meaning the user can select whothey want to email without leaving the page. A rough exmple of this would be the 'email the supplier' link on this page. It's a contact form on it's own page which utilises the fancybox script to load as a popup.

Thank you Paul & Dave for taking time out to respond to me. I really do appreciate that.

The client's old contact form looks similar to the one that I have enclosed. I therefore would need to create a new one that allows the user to contact any of the countries listed.

@ Paul. I am trying to picture what you mean. Do you have a link to the type of form that you suggest please?

@ Dave. The fancybox pop ups seem like a great idea. The link to the wedding website was so helpful so thanks for that. Would you be able to help with the setting this type of fancybox contact form up if needed?

It would be good to see an example of what Paul has suggested too. I could then have more of an idea of which way to finally go.

Thanks again to both of you guys :):)

Attachments

• contactform.jpg
    contactform.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2
I think the method that Paul's sugesting is to have one contact form which includes a user friendly dropdown list (for example it may be titled "Please select a country of interest" with the options Burundi, Ghana, Malawi, etc...) with each option in the list relating to one of the email addresses, so depending on which option was seletcted the message would be sent to the releated email address.

Hi Dave,

Yes I understand what Paul means now, thank you. In the meantime I have been in touch with the author of the theme who says that if I use the plugin contact form 7, it allows one to create a form and also a drop down list which visitors can choose from to send their emails. See link http://contactform7.com/selectable-recipient-with-pipes/

I think I will go with the contact 7 option for now but will come back to you and Paul directly if any issues. I hope you enjoyed the weather over the last few days. Its been awesome.

Thanks again for your time :)

Back