Website UI design review

fisicx

fisicx

YELLOW! A suffusion of yellow!

Once past the splash page it gets better but you need to get rid of the yellow background.

And the images are awful. Naff homemade photoshoping. Or if you paid for them then get your money back.

I suppose it does what you expect of a discount retailer but it need polishing up. The product pages need consistent styling and only show the 'read more' if there is more to read. And most pages I looked at didn't have any installation instructions so bin this element.

A thought for you: Instead on making me select a store, why not just show me the products and have an 'in stock' option for my local store. Or even better tell me you can get it delivered to my local store within 48 hours.

Paul Murray

Paul Murray

Staff member
Is that splash page really needed? It's clunky to use, not very engaging, and the search section is easy to miss. I'd make that the prominent element on the page, with the key locations given more emphasis. At the moment it just looks like an attempt at keyword stuffing. Make it an actual alternative to the search, especially on mobile where things generally take longer to do.

O

omartin

YELLOW! A suffusion of yellow!

Once past the splash page it gets better but you need to get rid of the yellow background.

And the images are awful. Naff homemade photoshoping. Or if you paid for them then get your money back.

I suppose it does what you expect of a discount retailer but it need polishing up. The product pages need consistent styling and only show the 'read more' if there is more to read. And most pages I looked at didn't have any installation instructions so bin this element.

A thought for you: Instead on making me select a store, why not just show me the products and have an 'in stock' option for my local store. Or even better tell me you can get it delivered to my local store within 48 hours.
Thanks for the idea. :)