Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website traffic driver help...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by nativedesigners.com, Feb 15, 2015.

1. nativedesigners.com

nativedesigners.com New Member

I've been using twitter and other social media brands to promote our designing services and offers. We are only getting more and more followers but nobody looks at the website. We post a link to our site in every tweet/comment but nothing drives people to look. Any idea why this is or are people just lazy? (No offense) I was wondering what you might have experienced and what helps to drive people to your site. Thanks!

2. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

$30 for a logo! $15 for business cards. that's about £30 OMG!!! far too expensive. You need to think about your prices. Maybe that's why your not getting any hits . :nod:

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Honestly and this is going to sound harsh... the likelihood is that people may have looked at your site and then gone away because it's not very enticing, you're also advertising yourself at 'bottom of the barrel' prices, prices that most of us wouldn't even consider getting out of bed for. I know Poland isn't very well off (hence a lot of Polish coming to the UK to work) but those prices are just stupidly low.

The site really needs more doing to it too, it's lacking in so many aspects that people expect on a 'design studio' site, you have to hunt for examples of your own work for example.

4. nativedesigners.com

Thanks Levi. I appreciate an honest opinion. Jordan says that my prices are way to high. What would you say is a fair price in the uk for a new logo these days? Let's see what jordan says too.... :)

5. Levi

I suspect (well hope) Jordan is being sarcastic, it doesn't always come across as easily when written on a forum.

6. The Simulator

The Simulator Active Member

That is, as Levi says, bottom of the barrel pricing.

Ultimately no one can tell you what you should be charging for logo design. It depends on so many factors. How experienced are you? How good are you? How much do you feel you need to earn to survive? Etc. There are many people who charge a LOT more than I do, and a lot of people who charge less.

I could probably charge more for my services, but for the time being I charge what I'm happy with. I earn a living off it and I'm not changing it any time soon.

That said, for £30 people could just go and buy a stock logo in seconds and have no hassle of dealing with a designer, and anyone paying that amount won't be concerned with having anything bespoke or really that good.

You need to think about your business model and the type of clientèle you're hoping to work with.

7. Levi

Not to mention some of those sites that charge even less and crowdsource....

8. nativedesigners.com

Yeah for example fiverr....they are just screwing the market and that is why a lot of designers have to drop their price. I have a contract with a company in the uk and my price has to be so low because of the indians competing against me. I'm charging Polish prices and still they say i over charge. Come on! Ive been a designer for 10 years now and have lots of experience etc. I need to do anything to get by and get money in.... to be honest :/

9. Levi

To be fair you're not helping yourself, if you lower your prices 'because the Indian companies are cheaper' that says to a client that you're willing to go cheaper than you are already pricing them. No one is going to pay more if they can get it for less, not to mention it's basically devaluing your skills/services/work etc.

I won't speak for others here but personally I put a fairly priced quote in and if they don't take it they don't take it. Simply put you're not going to get every client and I'm not going to devalue my skills/services etc 'just because someone else is cheaper'. I'm not saying I don't have a little 'wiggle room' or the likes but simply put I charge what is fair for my services, not to mention we have to pay bills and the software/hardware I (we) use isn't cheap.

mr.lego likes this.
  10. mr.lego

mr.lego New Member

One thing you failed to mention is that, unlike our Indian counterparts, we're actually focusing on quality of the stuff we do, rather than quantity.