right: 0px;
bottom: 0px;
left: 0px;
width:980px;
height: 100%;
margin: auto;
}

/* Reset*/
html, body, div, span, object, h1, h1 a, h2, h3, address, code, img, small, strong, p, ul, li, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, fieldset, form, label - all these has changed the footer and have removed it

but still does not work

can anyone help please?
any ideas most welcomed
thank you
p
Red Sea Diving Holidays, Egypt - Olympic Holidays

Could you elaborate a little more with a screenshot of the problem please? Why would you be setting, top, left, bottom, right on the body of the and also a width on the body..

That shouldn't work in any browser.

What are you trying to achieve? If you are trying to get a div element to center in the page you would do it like this.

body{ text-align:center; }
.wrapper{ width: 980px; margin:0 auto; text-align: left; }

HTML Markup

<body>
<div class="wrapper">
Content goes here and it is now centered
</div>
</body>

Please elaborate a little more and I may be able to help you further.

HI there

thanks for the info
ive tried to fix the layers today and when ive converted them it did work
still though ive tried with the "wrapper" and the result is the same
so - bit to elaborate
if i have one layer ,say on the right hand side - then it works properly, but if i wanna keep too layers (i mean divs) then when i convert them into table then the problem comes

as far a s i know - nowadays the use of tables is not widelt applicable, but i have to keep it simple really for people after me to be able to update easy
so
for the time being it works & am thinking of converting the whole page into css - then the i think would be able to apply the corct rules and the tubles would not display improper.

thank you anyway
still any comments welcomed as im learning and it does help
thank you

just a quick screen shot of the page thats coming wrong

thank you

Attachments

• screenshot-forum.jpg
    screenshot-forum.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 6
Are you sure that you are floating the elements correctly and also clearing after?
It could also be down to the elements within that column. The best way to problem solve this is to remove a box at a time from within the right hand column to work out which one is breaking the page.

Are you sure that you are floating the elements correctly and also clearing after?
It could also be down to the elements within that column. The best way to problem solve this is to remove a box at a time from within the right hand column to work out which one is breaking the page.

Hi
thats exactly what ive done
have just removed layers one by one and saw where it breaks

i was thinking if i was to do this in css only, without the use of tables, then what is the quickest way to position all the layers

coz really, if i was to do it this way-then probably it would've taken me ages
(well, haveing in mind that im quite a newbie)-but i do believe that with more experience on the way, things can be done easier and quicker
thank you anyway
thanks

Back