Website Re-design?

blanchard

Hello all,
Is it better to start a new website from fresh when doing a re-design, if so then how long should it take for website address to become available to use once the original web designer has closed there acount?

Or is there a better and easy way to do a re-design?

Don't really understand what you mean with regards to the website address, hire a designer and they will point you in the right direction. Whether you upgrade the existing design or start from scratch will depend on what you need...speak to a designer about what you need.

how long should it take for website address to become available to use once the original web designer has closed there acount?

depends on how long it takes the old web designer to close the account. Also depends on how long it takes the Internet service provider (or whoever sold you the domain name) to close the account.

In regards to whether or not it is better to redesign from scratch depends on the reasons for redesign surely.

Not sure what you're asking about closing accounts - if it is a website redesign, its a case of modifying the files on the server...no accounts involved.

When I do a website redesign, sometimes I used the existing build, sometimes I modify the build & sometimes I build it from scratch...you have to make that call based on the website in question & how well it has been built in the first place....and whether your new design can be applied to the existing code or not.

Back