Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website or ....?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Chucks, May 18, 2011.

1. Chucks

Chucks Junior Member

Hi there, I need help in a way to show my work, is it best to have your own website or a blog or something along those lines, also if I was to present my work to places of work whats the best way I no a portfolio but for electronic purposes again what would look better a website or blog, any ideas people, thanks for the help.

2. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

Hi Chuck. Yes best thing to have really is a website, and you don't need to worry about building it as there are many sites that give you templates to help build it and display your work. Behance recently launched their own portfolio builder called ProSite. Might be worth giving that a go.

As for a blog, it's not a complete necessity to have one but it just give people more of an understanding of who you are, especially if you give something back to the community by not just showing your work, but by explaining how you achieved that piece of work. Try something like Wordpress or Blog Spot, these are both great sites which like ProSite, give you templates to help you build your own blog, and they are free!
  3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I think most of us have a fairly broad online presence. I don't have a website at the moment, but blog, tweet, all helps.
  4. davewill

davewill Senior Member

The Behance Pro site looks great. Has anyone used it yet? Does anyone know if there is a shopping feature on it to sell work through?
  5. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I use carbonmade, tempted to try out twitter, and I really should renovate and start using that old blog of mine.
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

The other alternative is all of them combined in a magical websitey thing (technical term)! It's a platform I'm working on, but I am sadly unable to take on work at the moment!
  7. Chucks

Chucks Junior Member

Thank you all for your help, gave me some good advice ill definitely check out ProSite. Once again thank you all for the help.