Website not working correctly in IE

Collins2308

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why my site is not laid out like it supposed to when I open it in IE? Compare it between IE and Firefox and you'll see what I mean. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the compatibility problems IE has with CSS, is there an easy way around this?

swimtackle.com

Thanks.

It looks the same in FF and IE9 for me. Other than the curve on your borders for the footer and header aren't showing up. Is this the problem you're talking about or have you already fixed the layout issue?

IE is a bit behind the other browsers in terms of how it renders a website. There are a couple of things you can do to help you solve any issues you're having (looking at your site it seems to be IE is simply reading your CSS more literally than FF). First of all get IE tester which allows you to view your site in all the versions of IE back to IE 5 (it's really useful). Secondly, there's a simple piece of jquery which will allow you to create specific CSS elements for IE, FF, Safari etc. It's a great way to make sure that your site appears correctly in all the different browsers. The one we use for our site is: CSS Browser detection using jQuery instead of hacks

It's fairly simple to implement and really cuts back on those website testing tweaks!

Hope it helps,

AnsteyDesign
Welcome to the world of AnsteyDesign

It is quite true that, often sites look different in different browser. The actual reason behind this, is the back-end scripting of every browser is different, henceforth the output goes different.
It is really difficult to create browser friendly sites, I too have faced this problem at times. So if you are engaged in creating professional sites, then you need to make good testing work for the site.

Back