Website Gone White

Jordan4196

Hi there,

Hope you can help,

I've got a Wordpress website and it looked fine but then I did a post and now my site has gone completely white with just a search bar in the top left corner.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Jordan

Can you access your admin page? If so disable your plugins and try and load the site. If it loads, activate them again one at a time until you find the issue.

Hi, sorry the website is www.loud-marketing.net I have logged into the admin page for the site and deactivated all of the plugins and then tried to load the site up and it's coming up with the same thing again?

Notice: Constant WP_DEBUG already defined in /home/loudmark/public_html/wp-config.php on line 94
">

Fatal error: Call to undefined function inherit_chk() in /home/loudmark/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/cufon-replace.php on line 19

It's odd that errors would arise after publishing a post. Are you sure you didn't make any PHP changes?

try activating a different theme to see if its your theme

try removing the post you added and see if that helps.

also do a quick look online did you update jetpack ?

I have changed the theme and then the site came up with something (not the same design but it doesn't have those errors on it), if I have a backup of the theme and then reupload that will it solve the issue?

This is known as the white screen of death. It can happen for seemingly no reason whatsoever (for example publishing a post) and is usually caused by a conflict in php between your theme and a plugin.

First thing to try is disabling all of your plugins. If the site comes back to life, turn the plugins back on one by one until you find the culprit.

This is known as the white screen of death. It can happen for seemingly no reason whatsoever (for example publishing a post) and is usually caused by a conflict in php between your theme and a plugin.

First thing to try is disabling all of your plugins. If the site comes back to life, turn the plugins back on one by one until you find the culprit.

Hi, I've already tried to disable the plugins and it doesn't change anything, I changed the theme and that came up with something?

I've looked everywhere and I don't seem to have the theme files saved anywhere? Is there anyway that I can fix it without having to re upload everything?

if it is that you have lost the details you may be able to find them from the .css file as some developers put contact details in there.

if its other reasons you may need to higher a developer to fix the problem

also if you have updated to a new version of WordPress the site may not be compatible with that version

who hosts your site? you'll probably find the hosting company keep backups of the site files and database.

**EDIT**
I've just looked your site up and it seems as though you host your site with GoDaddy? They charge extra for backups so it may be that you don't have a backup to revert to!?

Last edited:
Further digging into your site's style.css file shows the following:

/*
Theme Name: DynamiX
Theme URI: http://themeva.com/
Author: themeva
Version: 3.2
Description: DynamiX Wordpress Theme
Author URI: http://themeva.com/
License: GNU General Public License
License URI: license.txt
Tags: dark, light, white, black, gray, one-column, two-columns, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, flexible-width, custom-background, custom-colors, custom-header, custom-menu, featured-images, full-width-template, post-formats, rtl-language-support, theme-options, translation-ready, buddypress
*/

So your site is built with a premium theme called DynamiX rather than from scratch (I hope you didn't pay a lot). This could be good news for you as you now have a developer to contact and ask for help. :D

GoDaddy host my site but they want extra money to provide the backups... I will try speak to the developers of the site and see if I get a response from them. Thanks for your help

Back