Website Frame Design Feedback

CSparkes

Hi There,

Working on a new site for a new client and this is the frame design designed by my graphic designer.

Be interested to hear feedback on frame

milneframev5.jpg

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig,

I quite like that! Interesting shape, and it works well I think. Overkill on the drop shadow imo, but the frame itself looks good. I'd perhaps make the header image curved as well, to follow the shape of the frame instead of just having it square formed?

Just my 2 cents..

Cheers!
Soren

I see what he (or you?) is trying to do, and I like the idea of bending the shape but right now it's very unnatural. It's bulging the entire height and suddenly merging at the end. I think the bulging part should really be reduced (and focused more around the big image) and that you should keep a consistent margin along the white content section.

From what else I can see right now: I don't really like the navigation. I see the reference to the logo/company but it's just... I don't know maybe it's just me because I'm not used to a shape like that.

my biggest issue is that it doesn't have the 3d effect due to the imagery in the middle still being a flat rectangle. With the (I assume) intended curved paper idea the whole site has to have that curvature to it.

You could get round it if the design was two parallel curves rather than the current mirrored version as it would then just be more a sideways shift.

I quite like the shaping of it, but at the same time I don't really see the connection? As it's for structural engineers surely a bulge is a bad thing? Wonder if a point of interest could be created with more angular backgrounds/framework? More related to the subject matter/industry?

I'm not sure, I like the idea, but I think it would be interesting if the photo banner extended out aswell, making use of the odd spacing. Would coding that be hard?

Its great to hear all the feedback, and all has been taken on board! We wanted to do something a bit different and the client is very happy with the result.

Agree Greg a bulge would be a bad thing and had not seen that point of view,

mrp2049 said:
I'm not sure, I like the idea, but I think it would be interesting if the photo banner extended out aswell, making use of the odd spacing. Would coding that be hard?

It would be trickier but a challenge is a good thing so we are looking into doing just that!

He needs to fade the drop shadow out towards the "flatter ends" of the frame, then it'll look like its lifting towards you.

Back