Website for mobile disco

TomStutt

Hi

This is my first paying client and hes a friend of a friend.

He said he wanted a website that was basic, dark colours and just something so he has his name on the web and what he does. He doesnt want loads of pics or naff disco images.

My problem is that im just not sure how to make it more 'wow'. something that makes it abit more exciting.

All the pics are not on there yet. He says he likes it so far so i guess thats all that matters and he says its what he wants but i just think that something else is needed.

can you experts have a quick glace and help me with some ideas. i just dont know how to make a mobile disco site exciting???

FMJ Entertainments - Mobile disco's and DJ's

Thanks, Tom

oh yeah, its just the design that i would like feedback on, not the coding. :D

he's got a bargain.

I'd say a little to much text going on, maybe add a few extra pages or stick the text in a scrollable box to keep the pag tidyer.

I see you mentioned pics, that pic doesn't really catch the eye, I'd prob go woth a stock dj setup image or maybe introduce somekind of turntable vector into the titlebar..

good work :)

oh and the they need to get rid of entertainments and replace it with entertainment as it sounds wrong.

wow that was a quick response. thanks

the pics he gave me are not the best and some are from a mobile (which i wont be using) and he only wants to use his images. he doesnt just do discos its entertainment in general. also he doesnt want lots of pages and the text is what he gave me. i think he said he was going to chop it down a bit.

thanks charles for the quick reply

A turntable or cliched lighting or similar would be good in the title like charles said, it's very difficult as it appears to be the kind of mobile disco catering to 'boring' events.... which makes it difficult to give it that pop without losing the professionalism.

Think cheesy, those looking for this kind of site want to see a fun cheesy disco page without it looking horrific :D

i thought that but its the name of his business.

by the way, there are some errors in the text and they will be changed. my mum is a publisher/editor and she goes through all my stuff and finds the errors. and i dont have to pay her. lol

Sounds like you've got a good deal there ;) Take note of the changes (don't just accept them) as she wont be able to always help you I imagine

Also maybe separating the quality venues you have attended and the type of parties you do? some how?

:) that way they are two separate things to read.. instead of the 'block' at the moment

More colour, more exciting images, less text!

Disco's are supposed to be fun and colourful... its a bit drab and boring really!
It needs some life kicking into it!!

Quick first reaction, open up the line spacing on your bullet points (#middle-container I think?)
Change the image for a stock image as it's pretty weak tbh, and maybe introduce a lively image into the header background or main background?

Maybe something like this for a background image perhaps?

772418_the_rave.jpg

stock.xchng - The rave (stock photo by leocub)

HTH
Greg

mrp2049 said:
I was going to say, there are some amazing DJ sites out there, whilst they are superstarDJ's they are still a good frame of reference.

.: James Zabiela Official Website :.

just amazing.

if i remember rightly carl cox has an awesome link section.

That site is frickin awesome!

not necessarily a design classic but it's a site that makes me wanna stay on it!

It's just so well executed, it looks amazing on a massive monitor, the background is oversized and fills out wonderfully!

And for a DJ, it is the perfect balance between info and design! I remember fabrics old 'award winning website', it looked amazing, but was flash (back in the dial up days) so took forEVER to load and then the info was so harder to find. JZ's site is just an amazing balance.

I think with regards to Tom's site; I'd prefer to see a 'what we do' kind of statement on the homepage rather than 'events catered for' to give more of a 'how can we help YOU' feel to it. and I reckon that a lot of people who will be booking these DJ's will be either parents for their children or middle age peeps for 50th's etc so the approach should really be fairly formal. but somehow outling a flexibilty in music genre.

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many crappy mobile disco sites out there that have not got a clue about how to capitalize on what is actually a very strong market so you could do something really good here!

Cheers everyone for great feedback and ideas.

@charles - the main people who will be looking at the site will mainly be people wanting a dj for weddings and then maybe birthdays. also when researching mobile disco websites i got fed up of looking as most look s**t.

kool, well ivory and yellow or tiffany blue colours for the site then :)

I considered starting (not me dj'in) a mobile disco company that uses high gloss white speaker boxes and hand made high gloss white dj booth and making the dj's wear a suit or at least smart shirt and trousers for weddings etc as they all seem to be run by pikeys with black carpeted speakers, manky old decks and an old primark fleece... I know which one my missus would choose to be set up alongside her wedding theme that shes been planning for most of her life........!

TomStutt said:
wow that was a quick response. thanks

the pics he gave me are not the best and some are from a mobile (which i wont be using) and he only wants to use his images.

Could you go to one of his gigs, camera in hand and take some better shots? For a fee of course :D

Tom Sound said:
Could you go to one of his gigs, camera in hand and take some better shots? For a fee of course :D

Or do what I did for a mate; got a pic of him and I a pic of a pimped dj booth and overlayed him onto it to look like he was a pro... worked well!

charles said:
Lol I have just realised that Tom stutt and tom sound are in fact two separate beings...

yes indeed, although Sound isn't my surname, wish I'd just been Tom now :D It gets really confusing when all the avatars change too!

Back