Website feedback

HippySunshine

Apart from the logo as that is being replaced... what are we thinking...?
I think its missing something WOW!
Client seems to really like it, although that doesnt fill me with confidence as they arent too clued up on these things and compared to their last website, its diamond.

However, im not entirely happy with it.
Its not my best work and I feel its been rushed as I stupidly took on the assignment thinking I could handle video insertion (I now know that was a mistake) it took me forever and a day to get the videos working and at a normal speed/quality (with the help of levi and tbwcw) and so I dont think too much thought has gone into the layout.

Im kind of ashamed :(

But here goes: Alex Appleby Videographer.

I'll see if I can reduce the file size some more for the first page video tomorrow, it's taking too long before playing in my view.

You might want to change the background colour of quicktime to a lighter shade while it's loading (sure it can be done via that quicktime link I gave you)

I'd put a little note on the sample page to say they're videos and also their average size so people on dial up (yes there are still some) know it may be a little while :)

I quite like the logo/title and I'll be honest and say I would have expected a contact form on the contacts page to help alleviate spam from bots reading the email addy

I'm going to sound right picky with this one but can you rotate the image on the contact page about 1 degree anti clockwise, whoever took the picture didn't level out the horizon and that does my head in on an image with so many horizontal lines :).

Levi said:
I'll see if I can reduce the file size some more for the first page video tomorrow, it's taking too long before playing in my view.

You might want to change the background colour of quicktime to a lighter shade while it's loading (sure it can be done via that quicktime link I gave you)

I'd put a little note on the sample page to say they're videos and also their average size so people on dial up (yes there are still some) know it may be a little while :)

I quite like the logo/title and I'll be honest and say I would have expected a contact form on the contacts page to help alleviate spam from bots reading the email addy

I'm going to sound right picky with this one but can you rotate the image on the contact page about 1 degree anti clockwise, whoever took the picture didn't level out the horizon and that does my head in on an image with so many horizontal lines :).

Thanks for your feedback Levi.
I did advise the client of an email form but they decided against it for resons unknown.

The thing I initially thought was that on the homepage there is a lot of text, and something should be appearing in the recent work section.

There doesn't need to be a video on the homepage but some nice shots which are used on the samples page, I would really look at reducing the text on the homepage, and have something more visual, save the text for the about us page.

Just watch the spacing between the 3 columns to, I would look to increase it slightly, hope my comments are of some use. Good start though.

I don't mind the logo so much, it looks like cake icing writing, could be a bit smaller though in relation the the word videographer, and the video made me weep a little :D

you have pm and I had a thought - has your client got a license to play the music on his website etc as you need to license music in most cases :)

Levi said:
you have pm and I had a thought - has your client got a license to play the music on his website etc as you need to license music in most cases :)

Really? Is that my responsibility to get that sorted or just to make them aware and then their responsibility to get it sorted?

not yours problem unless it's part of the brief you've agreed to, I normally make it so that they have to supply any music and relevant licenses etc.

Might just be worth mentioning it but I doubt most people will have an issue, he must have a license to use it on the videos (I would hope)

Hay not sure any of this has been covered but your welcome message needs a rewrite IMO. Something like this would be better.

Welcome to Alex Applegate videographer

<b>Alex Applegate is a videographer who specializes in capturing your magical wedding day</b>. We are proud to present our outstanding range of wedding dvd’s that are tailor made to your specific requirements.

It would be our honour to <b>create all your wedding day memories on DVD</b>, allowing you to watch and enjoy for many years to come.

What makes Alex Applegate special?
~ <b>We offer movie-quality digital shooting and editing</b>.
~ <b>Hidden microphones</b> record every whisper, which is allows you to capture your vows and speeches in a amazing detail.

Elegance Film Productions [Where did they come from?????] have a unique distinctive style that you won’t find anywhere else.

<b>We have a passion for making wedding videos</b> that touch the souls of those who star in them. It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction. With combined talents, skills and expertise, you can rest assured that we will capture the laughter, tears and special moments of your day in an imaginative and discreet way.

We are very proud of the wedding’s we have filmed.
Take some time and look at our sample DVD’s.

Now there are few bit I would change to flowerly compnay speil that people don't read but that would highlight both for the search engines and the visitors more about what they offer. The links provide again links for the search engines and removes useability problems with the page.

Hope it helps.

Jaz

Back