Website Feedback Required Please

stockdoodles

Hi Guys

Ive recently graduated with a product design degree and have slowly moved into the world of web design and development. Ive recently launched my website called "Stock Doodles" - it is a growing design news and inspiration site featuring products, artists, technology, innovation, and up-and-coming trends. As the site has only been up and running for less then a month it seems i am receiving quite a lot of traffic. Long story short i just wanted some designers from different disciplines to have a look at my site and comment on what you like, dislike, what can be improved and so on ....

Any information/ comments/ suggestions/ approvals would be extremely valuable in developing my site ... alternatively feel free to poke around my site if you are after some design inspiration or latest design news.

S.D. | Design News & Inspiration – featuring products, artists, technology, innovation, and up-and-coming trends

Thanks a lot guys
Aj

Hi Aj,

The layout and general aesthetics seem fine, nothing ground breaking or original but there we go. The homepage takes a little long to load the css rendering one very long pages with all of the content in the left hand column.

Few things:

1. Remove the comment sections etc. from contact page and about us etc - save that for posts

2. Remove that picture on 'The Team' page. Is that some sort of joke or is that for real? It doesn't give a good impression... why is there someone holding a gun? I hope that picture is a joke...

3. The rewards button isn't doing it for me, it doesn't fit with the style and looks a little bodged from a Photoshop tutorial

4. Not sure on your key colour on roll-over

5. Filter down the 'relative posts' at the bottom of a post, I think you have too many

6. Google ads put me off

That's about it. I like the post of the stickers you put on your suitcase!!

It’s quite interesting. Do you run the project just by yourself? I seems quite complex.

I posted a comment and noticed that the coding works.
Just one thing: the home loads really slowly. I think you should work on that.

no problems with load time over here, incredibly efficient loading times actually :)

I'm using safari 5.1, don't know about webian?

the loading animation is very nice, the layout and colour choices are brilliant.

only thing i noticed here was the loading icon when scrolling to the bottom is not central, it hovers to the left.

couldn't see any googleads (same as levi over here, adblocker kicks them off), but i don't really see how quite a strongly branded site fits in with crappy googleads.

Hi guys ... Thanks for the feedback much appreciated .... As you may appreciate this is a work in progress and therefore i have things that need to be fixed an amended.

I'm slightley concerned about the load time ... Webian and Chris - can you tell me what browser you are using?

Chris many thanks for your comments/suggestions in detail - i have started working on fixing some of the points mentioned:

1. Remove the comment sections etc. DONE

2. Remove that picture on 'The Team' page. - DONE

3. The rewards button isn't doing it for me, it doesn't fit with the style and looks a little bodged from a Photoshop tutorial - WORKING ON IT

4. Not sure on your key colour on roll-over - i appreciate what you say here but i personally feel that the pale tone of red injects colour into my site and adds a bit of my own personality

5. Filter down the 'relative posts' at the bottom of a post, I think you have too many - DONE

6. Google ads put me off - TAKING THEM OFF

Thanks alot guys for all your efforts

Feel free to connect with my FB page - Design Inspiration | Facebook

Thanks
AJ

Hi all

Tim and Aj

I’ve tried with IE9 first and it was impossible to view it. Infact it locked my machine for two minutes or so. The logo loaded quickly, but was aliased. Then I tried with Chrome and it looked good. Only a bit slow. But I could definitely appreciate the design.

Now I’ve just visited with Safari. It loads more quickly.

I haven’t got Firefox, but I’ve checked it on Opera today and it works there too. Yes, I think IE Explorer is the only one that doesn’t display it properly.

stockdoodles - kally is likely posting to get google ranking for her sig. Your site isn't the fastest but it does load

Hi,

The site seems to be fine, but i will suggest you to make the header part more attractive. Now its looking too simple.

Back