Website Design & Business Card Critique

Oh - one more thing! Lose the brackets in the descriptions at the bottom. Really not needed.

Website will now be on hold for a couple of days :( didn't get any coding done today, and we all know what tomorrow is! Which means i'll probably be trapsing round shops with the misses and then spend the evening together!

Sunday will be catch up day :D

Hi Kudosis. The new site is a marked improvement, for sure. I really like the layout of the page and the flow of reading it, it all sits really well.

One thing I'd like to highlight though - it's lacking personality. When you boil it down, it's a three column layout with a blue header. I don't see any of "you" in there, if you know what I mean? It's rather plain and 'matter of fact' about it.

Try mixing in a bit of visual interest. Perhaps a background that fades to white, or a styled header, or a more graphically stunning logo?

I really think it could do with a stronger footer to close off the page - it feels like it ends on a whimper rather than a confident full-stop.

But otherwise, great work! Looking forward to seeing how the other pages will sit.

Hey scott

Cheers for the constructive criticism, I do echo some of your points and I need to address them and sort them out. The aim of the site is to keep it quite clean/minimal as that was the style i was aiming for, i'm setting it up ready for when I go freelance, i'm not really looking for a graphic heavy site. I'd rather let my work do the talking in the portfolio page.
I do however think I either need some sort of slight background but not to prominent on the white, or leave the background white and have a better footer. As you say to close the website off properly. It's something i'll work on, at the moment i'm just trying to get the main frame of the pages down so my friend can keep on coding it.

I'll probably get the main pages sorted and then work on enhancing certain parts, such as the footer etc.

Cheers,
Adam

I've just had a bit of a stroke of good luck, the superhero image i used in the about page was from the stock library we use at work, I did some digging around and found the artist who rendered the model (i coloured it up to my colours) has many more of the same model in different positions etc.

I'm a big superhero fan, superman being my all time fav and something i'm addicted too. I'm thinking of maybe using more of the models across the website for different things. Adds a bit more of my personality to it and personalises the site more i think.

Alot of people who have seen my about page so far absolutely love the superhero idea. So this maybe a bit of that something extra i needed.

Cheers,
Adam

Back