Website Critique

Hi Timmo,

It's not bad but I feel it looks a bit dated? I know it can be hard to design sites for those areas. Accounting is not exactly the most exciting thing to design for, but maybe just try and give it more of a modern corporate look?. Did you do the branding/identity as well? I really don't like the outer glow or the typography in general. And it can be almost impossible to design a site around a bad logo.

Have a look at the corporate design section on CSS heaven for example. I'm sure you can find some inspiration there.

CSS Gallery Web Design Gallery For Inspiration Corporate Design

Hope that helps!
Soren

I like these accountants' sites in Belfast. Clean and modern.

I'm very impressed to see the Harbinson Mulholland one expanding their abbreviations (e.g. IR35) using acronym tags to define terms. Not often you see that attention to detail.

AaronPollock said:
I'm very impressed to see the Harbinson Mulholland one expanding their abbreviations (e.g. IR35) using acronym tags to define terms. Not often you see that attention to detail.

They're actually incorrectly using the acronym tag there. An acronym (in the HTML sense at least) is only so if it can be said as a word (like SCUBA or RADAR). Stuff like CSS (and IR35) are actually abbreviations. All acronyms are abbreviations but not all abbreviations are acronyms, so use the abbr tag to cover them all. Plus the acronym tag is getting phased out in future too, in favour of the abbr tag.

In a message from Jonathan Snook to me a while ago:
technically speaking, CSS is an abbreviation or an initialism but not an acronym. An acronym is an abbreviation that is said as a word, like NATO (nay-tow) or FAQ (fack). An acronym is an abbreviation but an abbreviation may not be an acronym.

Back