Website Concept Review

nice and clean greg, not a great lover of cast shadows esp on the photo.
check the grammar, 'this year me and some friends:"
looking good

Wow it's really looking great now, it all matches! I noticed that on the new version (9) you took out a pixel of your main body on the left, but you forgot to cut your navigation. Which makes me think that maybe you could go for a slight 3D look on the navigation, but I would think only on the selected link so it doesn't get too busy.

@Berry - Thanks, I'm not sure whether to use them or not... think they might be overdoing it/un-necessary? and yes that content is just quick filler copy, thanks for pointing that out though :)

@Onartis- Thanks, quite possibly, although I don't want to add too much detailing, will definitely try something out though.

Cheers,
Greg

I love it! It looks brilliant, and that shade of grey in the background is perfect.

Thanks once again for the feedback on this everyone, I've now got my site up on my testing domain name, so just going through and loading up content, then will be working on all the copy (as it needs it!) but hopefully won't be too long before I can clear off my old site and get the new one up & running :D

Would be great to get further feedback on the live testing site - linkage

Thanks!
Greg

Really clean and that is some great CSS styling there...really nice and effective.

I also think the G cutout of the corner makes the site...that gives it that extra flip to make it real cool. The only thing I would've liked to have seen was a slight rounded edge in the top right corner to complement the rounded edges around the g. Other than that it looks fantastic.

Wow, looks amazing live!

Genuinely jealous of your mad coding and design skills!

Thanks for the comments guys, and fortunately I had a bit of outsourced help with the CSS/coding side of things! My coding with Wordpress isn't that good... yet.

VertigoSFX - I couldn't decide whether to include a rounded corner in the top right or not, I have done on my new business card designs, will test it out on the website now it's developed :)

Thanks,
Greg

Brilliant work Greg! I love the design and the way you show your work. And It's very intuitive and easy to use as well. I'd definitely hire you :)

Thanks Soren, appreciate your comments, good to hear! :)

...and Tim trust me I can't code to that standard of Wordpress myself yet, sometimes I think it's best to focus on what you can do and bring in external help from those that can! ;)

The navigation lags the first time. That's because you use three images for one link. Use one image that is triple the height of one individual image (so that's about 120px I think). Stack your three images on each other (active, normal, hover) and save it.

Then in CSS say
Code:
#nav1 {    background: url(img/nav1.jpg);   background-position: 0 0;}#nav1:hover {   background: url(img/nav1.jpg);   background-position: -40px 0 0 0;}#nav1_Selected {   background: url(img/nav1.jpg);   background-position: -60px 0 0 0;}

Ask jazajay to fix the code because I don't do very well at coding without a visual/preview :lol:

Thanks for the feedback Onartis, and that's a very good suggestion, I'll try and get that sorted ASAP!
Cheers, Greg

thats really nice greg, the one thing I can think of is that the main portfolio image, or most recent work however your treating it could do with tieing in with the accompanying text a little more.

Perhaps a very light grey background behind the image and the text would help accomplish this?

Back