Website Background SIze - Pixel Dimensions

Do you think this size of background would be acceptable?

• Yes - Having background not line up on this size is ok. I have a screen with res of 1920 or bigger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Having background not line up on this size is ok. I have a screen with res smaller than 1920

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No - Having background not line up on this size is not ok. I have a screen res of 1920 or bigger

• No - Having background not line up on this size is not ok. I have a screen res smaller than 1920

• Total voters

CSparkes

Evening,

Want to run a view past you guys.

Working with a designer to create a background for the new website i am contracted to for 6 months. I use a 1920*1200 & so does he and we have both came to the same view point.

If you are viewing a webpage on a large screen do you sometimes expect background to not line up perfectly.

We are using a background that is 1326px × 960px so for most screen they will see it not lined up at all.

We do not really want to tile it as the backgroudn dose not fit it,

The viewpoint we have, is if you have a large screen size you expect to see things like this to a certant extent.

We have looked into making file bigger(dimensions) but file size is just stupid then.

Would you think this was acceptable & how often do you have you browser full screen?

All help would be great!

I have a 20inch apple cinema display, 1680 x 1050 but rarely have my browser window anywhere near that width - normally more like half! (would be curious to see the image in question)

... if you can tile from the edges you could create that image, use it as the body background image and tile it to repeat-x.

Then first thing inside the body make your large bg image, give it an id. Then in the css position it absolute. top:0px; left:50%; then a left margin of (minus) -half the width in px; which will center it.

Then you can put your container etc in and they will sit on top... i think...

i didn't vote because i can't help feeling there should be a way around this. can we see the site / layout?

I run a 1680 x 1050 resolution and it's quite rare I notice anything odd with backgrounds...

but maybe that's just me?
I certainly don't 'just expect' things not to line up properly...

Hrrrm, why not make that "join" the centre of the background image that way, what every you overlay on top ! as long as its centre aligned will simply cover the join?

Back