Website Analytics

xstreetsweeperx

Just a quick question for you all. What type of site Analytics do you happen to use? I know of a couple Piwik, and Google Analytics. However, I was curious as to what all of you happen to use.

I use Google Analytics personally, it does what I need it to and it's free so no complaints from me.

Another plus one for Google Analytics. Free and powerful. Not sure how they're going to address the EU Cookie Directive though...

Personally I use Piwik because all of the data that you collect is stored on your own server. It is not mined or farmed by Piwiki in any way, as it is with Google Analytics. I suppose it's a principal thing, I'm aware there is some deep rooted irony in there somewhere, however, what I collect isn't worth much to anyone but myself/the site owner.

Did you customize the Piwik Installation on your site? I have seemed to not see results. Perhaps I have been setting it up wrong the entire time.

How do you mean? My reseller web hosting account comes with a software library called Softaculous (free) which includes Piwik so it's just a case of setting the install directory and a couple of other things, however, I've been having some issues with it lately which renders my install inaccessible.

I think I'm going to try a clean install outside of Softaculous because there were a couple of issues with that too. I'm going to set it up again today so if you want any help with yours let me know.

I use Google Analytics.. Sometimes coupled with another stats program as it seems many are unreliable for exact numbers. If both report an increase in traffic on a certain day but they both have different visitor numbers at least I know that day went right. I still question how accurate these things are though.

Interesting, I hadn't though of that before. I may also have to utilise another analytic tool.

I think that there is no exact one method of judging your exact total influence is. I would have to say my internal server analytics would be the most accurate do to it having to deal with all of the requests.

I use google analytics. The updated version of analytics looks cool. We can also track the real time visitors.

I personally use Clicky which is a web based analytics service.

All you do is set up an account, grab the code, put it in your website, log in and monitor who's visiting you in REAL TIME. It tells you all the basics such as how many visitors, what time they were on, how long they were on, geographical location, page actions/navigation, what sites they linked from, search terms used to find you, etc, etc. It's probably not the best one out there and it has it's down sides, the main one being that you can only track one website per account (unless you sign up for a paid account), but it works for me. It also has a phone app which I haven't tried yet but plan to in the near future

wayneambler said:
I personally use Clicky which is a web based analytics service.

All you do is set up an account, grab the code, put it in your website, log in and monitor who's visiting you in REAL TIME. It tells you all the basics such as how many visitors, what time they were on, how long they were on, geographical location, page actions/navigation, what sites they linked from, search terms used to find you, etc, etc. It's probably not the best one out there and it has it's down sides, the main one being that you can only track one website per account (unless you sign up for a paid account), but it works for me. It also has a phone app which I haven't tried yet but plan to in the near future
well you can get real time data from google too.... I know the android app I'm using (from google itself) has realtime info etc

well you can get real time data from google too.... I know the android app I'm using (from google itself) has realtime info etc
I know that you can get real time from Google Analytics now but you couldn't when I started using clicky. I can't comment on the Apps for either of them. I'm just throwing Clicky out there as a decent alternative to Google.

Back