Web Work In USA

CSparkes

Well long shot as mainly UK based site.

I want to do a stint in USA but see that you need to have a sponsorship from company to get in on temp visa and they do not allow freelance work. Plan was try and get visa, do UK work while out there and pay what ever local taxes were required!

That plan is out of window now!

So either looking from April of next year or late next year or 2011 time.

Anyone know where might be a good place to look.

Am going to email some agencies out there etc...

LA would be the best place to look for that sort of thing.. I'll see if I can get you a list of contacts I have for USA :)

Dude! That would be epic as!! Have looked at Canada also and thats looks pretty easy to get into, just accent might do my nut in and not as warm!

i'll see what I can do.. i have heard on the grapevine that the freelance opportunities in the US are a bit thin on the ground though... :(

Yeh have heard the same, think they are in a worse state out there then we are! Its a pain, as have enough work to get on with just want to live there for a bit!

Thanks again!

sent emails to people.. its all very quiet out there at the moment :( not good news i'm afraid :(

Yeh guessed as much by responses i have had aswell!! Why did they have to go feck up this economny as I wanted for full my dream!! haha!

Thanks for trying Chris, really appreciate it!

Well one week late but hope you have been more successful by now? I actually would love to work and live in England, I am told that getting a visa and work permit might be difficult. Like for you to work in the States, an employer who sponcers you would have to really believe that you would fit the job over some American also applying. It would be much the same for me to work in the UK I am sure.

But Im actually going to try and enroll in a university there, hopefully for some time next year. More about that though in another post!:)

I hope that your applications for UK Universities goes well Rhonda :)

Back