Web space for a client

emte98

Hi

This will probably seem like a real newbie problem so please go easy.

I've built 3 websites which were really redesigns of existing sites so therefore the web domain name and web space were already set up. I had no input into this.

I now have 2 sites to build where neither domain name or web space are setup and I have no knowledge of the best way of going about this for a client. Do I buy these for the client then transfer the details or is there a better way? How do others do this?

I don't feel ready to buy space and resell it as I would prefer to learn a few more things before going down that road.

Many thanks for your help.

Yeah, I agree with Harry. For the project I'm working on I just recommended them a hosting package, explained why (previous experience) and let them go on and purchase it. Then get the login details you can set everything up for them and pass it on.

We have a lot of web designers that do exactly this. They don't want to provide hosting support to their clients as they would if they were a reseller so they just point the client at us and we handle the rest...

Completely agree with Phil and totally recommend Openmind for hosting :D

Thanks for the replies. I was just a little unsure as if this would appear to be a rather "unprofessional" approach and if there was a neater way. But that's fine, I'll sort that one out.

Cheers!

Back