Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by wac, Sep 17, 2012.

1. wac

wac Senior Member

Can anyone recommend a good webhost?

I’ve officially lost it with 1and1 who have to be the worst provider available.

I was looking at heart and the package and the interface is great, apart from the fact you can only have 1 website on the basic package and 3 on the top package. If you want more you have to make a massive jump to a reseller package.

Any suggestions?
  2. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

justhost have been pretty awesome for me.
  3. I use Nemo Designs but thats just me :) good for resellers too.. But I would also recommend Gregs idea for the DF hosting :)
    Greg likes this.
  4. wac

wac Senior Member

Nemo seems to be down, which doenst fill me with confidence.

I only have two websites but I want the option of more. DF hosting sounds interesting, how would it work exactly?
  5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I use ukhost4u... quidco offers discounts too

I'm curious about df hosting too... got renewals coming up in december...
  6. Levi

Well you have till december in my case... then it will be weighing pro's and cons..

what about domain name management and email etc?
  7. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I use currently and as wac pointed out, they did actually go down today. This is actually the first time for me that I have had any technical issues and I've been with them for just under a year.... My renewals are coming up shortly too.

Technically, other than today, I can't really fault nemo as they provide a great service with cPanel and WHM, without all those stupid restrictions you find with other hosts. However they are currently going through a transition period of expansion and I believe that they are doing it too quickly. I've had a couple of issues with communication and I've found it difficult to acquire the information I need in order to fully describe the options available to my clients. Large areas of their website, still (after a couple of months) simply point to the home page so I'm not quite sure what's going on really.

I may or may not be staying with them, so it would be good to get some alternative options. I find the problem is that it's a bit like a blind date, you just have to sign up to a company based on reviews and hope that their services don't screw you over. If DF was to do hosting it would have to do it properly, but I would definitely be interested.

How would it work for individual users compared to people like myself who would want to resell?
  8. Levi

Greg... any news on this?

I'm coming up to my renewal date and before I commit to another 3 years (2 for 3 deal) would like to see if it's viable price wise so I can support df etc...
  9. Levi

No worries, if you want you can shout some names out and I'll go take a look.... I know what I currently get (ukhost4u) is pretty good value but I'm always on the look for a better deal :)
    currently getting - unlimited space/bandwidth, 8 domains etc for about £180+VAT every 3 years (3 for 2 deal)

edit: still got the edit bug where the edit window doesn't close after an edit on firefox (squiddy knows about it)