Web design work in exchange for graphic design work

I have a paid application development project I am looking for a PHP/MySQL developer to fulfil if that is of interest?

James, I can honestly say as far as web design and development goes, your site leaves a lot to be desired. It's really not going to appeal to many prospective clients when you look at what your competitors are doing.

That aside, where abouts in Alfreton are you? We have family down there so know the area quite well.

James, I can honestly say as far as web design and development goes, your site leaves a lot to be desired. It's really not going to appeal to many prospective clients when you look at what your competitors are doing.

That aside, where abouts in Alfreton are you? We have family down there so know the area quite well.

I am not even sure who my competitors are yet Dave I really am just at the beginning stages.

I do not want to say where abouts I am based in Alfreton on this forum.

How old are you Dave?

I'm 27.... (if that has any bearing on anything?)

Your competitors are any businesses offering any of the services you do. So for instance one of your services is web design & development, a quick google search brings up millions of web designers such as these guys
Digital Agency - Digital Media Agency - The Distance who also offer web design & development and have been listed on countless websites as having one of the best sites currently on the web. What I'm trying to say is that you could be the best coder in the world but with a site that doesn't portray you full ability, nobody will ever know.

(I'm trying to help rather than criticise) :)

I'm 27.... (if that has any bearing on anything?)

Your competitors are any businesses offering any of the services you do. So for instance one of your services is web design & development, a quick google search brings up millions of web designers such as these guys
Digital Agency - Digital Media Agency - The Distance who also offer web design & development and have been listed on countless websites as having one of the best sites currently on the web. What I'm trying to say is that you could be the best coder in the world but with a site that doesn't portray you full ability, nobody will ever know.

(I'm trying to help rather than criticise) :)

How much do you charge for website development?

I don't think he's going to go into specifics on here. If you want to talk about things like this, maybe should drop a PM or an email?

Why dont we team up together and as a team set up a decent website, charge decent rates for our work, merge our portfolio into one and because there is more of us, there will be more work done on the marketing side of things.

I can handle the backend programming side of things.
Another guy could do html, css.
Another guy could do graphic design etc.

Charge £50 an hour to the customer and everyone is happy.

How much do you charge for website development?

The cost of designing and building a site varies on a number of factors ranging from the level of content required right through to the size of the clients budget. So asking how much I charge is a bit like asking how long a piece of string is.

If you're struggling to work out how much to charge people the best way to do it is you decide how long a project will take you and then multiply that by your hourly rate. If you haven't settled on an hourly figure yet, the easiet way to do it is as follows:

Work out what your monthly business costs are (eg, heat, lighting, internet, insurance etc..), then work out how much money you need to take home to survive and add the 2 numbers together. Double that figure and divide by the number of hours a month you're aiming to be working and that should give you a rough idea of what you should look to be earning per hour. The reason I suggest doubling your required income is that HMRC will expect near on 30% of everything you earn in taxes and NI and the other 20% will help towards future growth.

Last edited:
Why dont we team up together and as a team set up a decent website, charge decent rates for our work, merge our portfolio into one and because there is more of us, there will be more work done on the marketing side of things.

I can handle the backend programming side of things.
Another guy could do html, css.
Another guy could do graphic design etc.

Charge £50 an hour to the customer and everyone is happy.

I missed this thread, but he's got it all worked out. :icon_cheers:

You are damn straight I have got it all worked out, since this thread I have two projects and I have been paid a decent amount of money, much more decent than what I was getting before like £200 - £500 projects. This time its in the £1000's.

I am now working on my third project which is also paying in the £1000's.

Back