Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Based FTP thingy

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone :)

Odd question i've been asked to make a web based FTP thing for people to upload files to (so that people can upload their MASSIVE powerpoint files instead of emailing them)..

I've tried google searching, but to no avail.. anyone know of anything like what i'm after at all? :)
  2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

3. Geoff you're a star.. thats the stuff :) thanks mate :D
  4. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

your welcome.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I downloaded a script somewhere too some time ago, and I often use it. Supports passwords, subdirectories (with specific passwords if needed) and also max file sizes. Obviously the page is customizable as you wish but I decided to keep it simple since it's not intended for the public. It shows error and confirmation messages, the confirmation message including a link to the file you've just uploaded.

Upload to

If you want, I can send the source code to you (or upload it through that site hehe :D) and you can try it out.
  6. Yeah could you send me the source code? that would be awesome.. I just want to get something that works :)
  7. I ended up using the code from Kevin (Onartis) as it worked first time and it means that I can get on with other things LOL
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool, good to know you got it sorted, will close this thread now & nice work Kevin :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.