Ways of Encouraging Website Visitors to Come Back

Successful website stories point on very important factor that is a number of returning visitors. Websites rely on returning visitors that account for a major part of their traffic. It is easier to convert a returning audience into paying customers as a result of the more often they tend to return to a site, whether it is a blog or an online shop, the more trust they gain on each visit.

What do ou think which methods are the best to keep your visitors coming back?
1) Running a forum or a chatroom
2) Running a blog
3) Doing polls and surveys
4) Having onine-games
5) Frequently updating the content

Agreed, would people come back for an online game if your customer service is cr*p? Nope :icon_biggrin:

That's another thing, but what if we want to promote a blog? A customer service, products and prices do not matter in case of blog, sports news website or anything similar... However, I agree that people like to revisit a website that has some low prices, but only from a commercial/business point of view. In case of websites done for other reasons, different things matter. Thanks for your replies :)

That's another thing, but what if we want to promote a blog? A customer service, products and prices do not matter in case of blog, sports news website or anything similar... However, I agree that people like to revisit a website that has some low prices, but only from a commercial/business point of view. In case of websites done for other reasons, different things matter. Thanks for your replies :)

Then the answer is number 5 from your list I'd say. Fresh content :icon_biggrin:

Hi to all, I have been searching recently for different ways to improve the number of returning visitors to my website. I found a lot of articles saying that through engaging with others on social networks I can build up a reliable network of people who would follow me and my fun page. Anyone has tried social media? Does it give good results?

Successful website stories point on very important factor that is a number of returning visitors. Websites rely on returning visitors that account for a major part of their traffic. It is easier to convert a returning audience into paying customers as a result of the more often they tend to return to a site, whether it is a blog or an online shop, the more trust they gain on each visit.

What do ou think which methods are the best to keep your visitors coming back?
1) Running a forum or a chatroom
2) Running a blog
3) Doing polls and surveys
4) Having onine-games
5) Frequently updating the content
well u cant run any online games in every website to return the visitors again and again and also running a forum is a big task , as per my view run a blog with regular updates and share this blog information on SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES

if you want returning clients/customers to your site u need to keep your site fresh and unique, your products/services are a major factor. a forum/chatroom is a touchy subject because if you setup a forum and someone wants to join it and i do this, before i join any forum i want to see how many members/activity there is. games is a no no. polls and surveys are similar to forums but polls are alot easier to maintain. promotion is a great way to keep returning customers. I am currently doing a competition for a free 12 month subscription to LFC.tv and people are signing up to my newsletter in the hope of winning this, since ive started this ive had a big increase on traffic (most traffic is refering from lfc twitter and empire of the kop website)

One way to encourage people to come back is to build good lists of information - I have recently written a couple of blog posts about SEO and also I am looking to get higher rankings for SEO Dundee so I have also written a couple of blog entries about that - you need to be right to the point yet enjoy being verbose. PLUS lists are great for SEO and SEO blogging.
I hope this makes sense.. ive had a few beers. LOL!

running a blog with constant updates about your services and share these updates on social media to engage the visitors regularly.

As has been said before, unique content that is relevant to the audience you wish to engage with, and ultimately want to attract to your services/and or products.

Do you answer any questions, or help your potential customers within the blogs?

Any free guides or ebooks would help as well.

Have them sign-up to a newsletter to receive free content. At least you have gained an email address from it and can try to get them to return to your website if you write useful content in your newsletter.

Also, if there any good offers that I know are updated on a website, that may get me to come back.

For myself, from that list, it would be regularly updated and interesting content!

I get several newsletters to my work email, most I never signed up for and go straight in the bin... I mean who'd want to read about a company's "latest thermocopule technology allows for more accurate data logging" or "Salt grit special offer, 50% off"???

I do get the IndustryTap newsletter which is the only one I want to receive... why? Because it includes content like the current planned mission to mars, the hyperloop transport system and the world's tallest buildings. Because it is interesting and up to date I not only refrain from adding the newsletter to "junk" but I also click on the website for more information every time I receive the latest issue.

I would say, unique, compelling content which is updated regularly. Also use social media to perhaps market a product or services or a promotion or competition.

Guest blogging, Articles submission, Forum posting, Press release submission, sharing new content through social media etc are important things that needs to be performed to increase website traffic.

Back