Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching Coldplay Monday

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Off to see Coldplay in concert at the NIA Birmingham on Monday night, anybody going?

I actually purchased the tickets to sell at a profit on ebay, unfortunately although I was offered £300 & £325 for 4 tickets about 3 weeks ago I turned both offers down like an idiot thinking I would get more nearer the date, teach me to be greedy as offers have been around cost price since :icon_rolleyes:

Oh well I do like them and the seats are near the front so should be a good night.

2. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

That'll teach you for touting ;)

3. Eagle

Eagle Member

You might need these...

[​IMG]

:icon_wink: :icon_tongue_smilie:

4. Stationery Direct

Funny :icon_biggrin:

5. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Coldplay are fab, my parents went along to see them and thought it was very good.

The amazing thing about the new album is that not only is it fantastic, it's using very odd intruments and in a different style to past albums. Definitely a top top band.

6. Stationery Direct

Glad I didn't sell them now, what a great night, if you like Coldplay they are fantastic live :icon_thumbup:

The supporting acts for such a popular band were a bit crap though.

Ears are still ringing! :icon_eek:

7. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Going to see Trivium tonight.

Slightly louder than Coldplay ...... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wzL61Lys5jU ;)

If you can last to 1 minute in he doesn't sing just in that gruff vocal style, he can actually sing :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  8. Stationery Direct

Have a good time Col

Too heavy for me :icon_smile:

I must be getting old as it seems to take ages to recover from these concerts nowadays, I never used to be like this, honestly feeling pretty deaf and tired today, and that's from watching Coldplay! Trivium would probably kill me off :icon_biggrin:

9. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I always wear earplugs to concerts.

Being a DJ, going to a lot of concerts and riding a motorbike there is a lot going on in my life that can ruin my hearing. I have a set of customised earplugs that lower the Db without losing the clarity of sound. Probably one of the best buys I've ever made :icon_thumbup:

As for age.....tut! I'm 34 and I'll guarantee that the majority of folk at this gig tonight will be in their teens. I'll still be down the front [​IMG]

10. Stationery Direct

lol, good for you mate :icon_biggrin:

Where you get those ear plugs from?

11. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

12. Stationery Direct

Cheers Col, will take a look.

13. dot design

dot design Member

Who were the support acts Boss? I not a fan of ColdPlay at all but glad it was a good night, ColdPlay now seem to be copying a far better band - Arcade Fire, you should check them out if you haven't already.

Whats birmingham NIA like as a venue? As I'm off to see The Killers in Feb there, was looking forward to it but the two singles off the new album have been terrible!:icon_mad:

14. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Arcade Fire are indeed a good band.

15. Stationery Direct

I too like Arcade Fire.

The support act was a lad called Jon Hopkins, to be honest I really really like/liked the trippy electronica but just thought they would have had somebody a bit more well known, for example when we went to see Radiohead they had MGMT and Bat For Lashes supporting, we all knew their songs so could have a sing along.

The NIA is a top venue to be honest, I know they change the layout though depending on the act, a tip for you, when you park in the carpark reverse in so you can drive straight out, if you need to back out you will be there for hours as nobody will let you out.

I love The Killers and agree about their new album, they will definitely do some of their old stuff though as did Coldplay.

Have a good night.

16. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Bat for Lashes. SUPERB band!

17. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

18. Stationery Direct

Funnily enough I have had Girls Aloud drummed into my head by my partner for many years, actually quite like them now :icon_biggrin:

Especially Cheryl :icon_inlove: