Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to know how to solve the Mac / PC debate?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Kevin, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Either Apple or Microsoft, or maybe even both, needs to launch a large scale study. Pick 1000 people off the street, pick 100 people looking for a computer at BestBuy, and get 400 people working at some big corporation. Just regular people who use their computer on a daily basis but don't know anything about hardware and stuff.

Give each and every one of those 1500 people a free Mac and PC, and have them use it for a couple months. Let them use it for whatever they want, if they need Adobe, give it to them. At the end, ask them which one they want to throw out.
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

actually sounds interesting.

i would do that if i had the money. problem is, most of those 1500 people will have used PCs on the "daily basis" you're refering to at work or whatever, so they'll already know the OS/UI quite well, whereas they maybe wouldn't know anything about OS X.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Well then, look for people who use mac on a daily base for doing the same things a regular PC user would do. And vice-versa. Give all these people the opposite OS they're accustomed to and check in 3 months later.

Anyone else got an idea for ending the debate? Let us know!
  4. tim

tim Senior Member

put a taboo on it so that when they say "i prefer mac" or "i prefer pc" they actually die?

little too brutal? :p

i hate the argument and i'm the one in it!
  5. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Nah, I think you need to have it for well over a few months. Test of time etc..
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

true true, probably closer to a year.

can i be part of this? a free computer?
  7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I for one am in favour of mac, and definitely not a Windows-hater. As long as I can remember until about 2 years ago. And I concluded that I can do the same things quicker on a mac than I can do on a PC, and I've had less problems in general. Can't it be as simple as that?

And I'm definitely one of the guys who could participate in my fictitious study, because I didn't have to pay for my PC nor my mac.
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

you don't pay for your PC nor Mac?

and onartis i think the same as you. i defend Mac's corner so much though because 1. i love the way they go about their products, not just the finished thing, and 2. because people tend to either blame it on price or "it being crap"
  9. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

My parents bought it...
  10. tim

tim Senior Member

oh right, i thought you meant you either robbed it or got it off your brother's company or whatevr.
  11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Fck the poll, it's corrupt :p
  12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Now, now, if your parents knew you have a toilet mouth like that ... could loose your pocket money for a month. No Pokemon cards for you laddie.
    Dangerous ground that one.

ps. I like my Mac. It's my friend. Both of 'em.
  13. does it really matter? Mac or PC.. surely the programs are all that matters... nothing more nothing less..
  14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Just as the dust is settling you had to go and stir things up again didn't you Chris!? :lol:
  15. tim

tim Senior Member

lol i agree greg, just i couldnt argue back on a third thread :p
  16. I was just wanting to kill it more than stir things up again :p but I am a bit of an Anarchist :p :lol:

17. TickTock

TickTock Member

I think a study like that would really be the only conclusive way of ending such a debate, but seriously does it really matter which is "better"? Surely it's down to user preference? I prefer mac as it seems more intuitive to my needs but then I know other people who prefer pc as it's what they are used to. At the end of the day I couldn't care less which is deemed as "better" it's what meets my needs that counts.
  18. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Mac prrffff....
  19. TickTock

TickTock Member

I heart my mac :eek:P
  20. I dont think this thread will ever die :eek: