Want to create business cards, A5 flyers and A4 posters in Photoshop

Preemo

Hello everyone

I use Photoshop for simple graphics/designs etc, however I want to design a few things for a family member and them go to a printing company.

Loyalty Cards - these will be the same size as standard business cards, I imagine they'll need bleed as they have like a header on them that will go all the way across.
A5 Flyers - this would need bleed as well as like the loyalty cards there will be a header and a footer going across the whole page from left > right
A4 Posters - this wouldn't need bleed as it would be a completely white background with an image and text in the centre

Could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial, or briefly explain how to set these up for these dimensions?

I use Photoshop CS5 :)

Thank you!!

Awesome! What about DPI? I've heard for something like an A4 Poster for example, it needs to be 300DPI?

Awesome! What about DPI? I've heard for something like an A4 Poster for example, it needs to be 300DPI?

Yep, all artwork for small scale printing such as flyers, posters etc will need to be at 300dpi. That means all images you use in the artwork must also be at the size they will be printed (or bigger) at 300dpi. For example, don't use a 300 dpi 5cm x 5cm photo at 20cm x 20cm.

When doing larger scale print (i.e bilboards) you can get away with a slightly less dpi (e.g 150) as the item won't be seen close up.

Back