Wanna be graphic designer needing help !

Clayts

Evening ladies and gents !

I have joined the forum in desperate need of information so i hope i don't offend you that i will be picking your brains for information !

I currently have a career(nothing to do with graphic design) but is not the path i want to continue down. I have always dabbled in photoshop and produced small items of work for friends and work every now and again.

I am looking into doing an online/distance graphic design course but have no idea what to look for, what qualifications are worthwhile, where to study, how much it will cost.

I would prefer a course thats a year long or less as i have to give a years notice to leave work so it would work well with the time frame.

I would really appreciate some help !!!!

Cheers

Alex

Final qualifications aren't really important, they're not really recognised in the industry in the sense that they don't matter. Employment is based on the strength of your portfolio and you as a person.

Many people have asked this question before, and the Shillington College courses are always mentioned. These are basically short, intense courses (a matter of months) that get you up to speed with industry-required skills, though some previous experience or creative talent is useful. These aren't distance learning courses though, they take place at one of their campuses, but I've always found having other people around me helps me get excited about projects and keeps me inspired.

Like any course though, you'll get out what you put in. You may find this course is ideal for you, or you may need something a little slower to ease you into things.

Final qualifications aren't really important, they're not really recognised in the industry in the sense that they don't matter. Employment is based on the strength of your portfolio and you as a person.

Many people have asked this question before, and the Shillington College courses are always mentioned. These are basically short, intense courses (a matter of months) that get you up to speed with industry-required skills, though some previous experience or creative talent is useful. These aren't distance learning courses though, they take place at one of their campuses, but I've always found having other people around me helps me get excited about projects and keeps me inspired.

Like any course though, you'll get out what you put in. You may find this course is ideal for you, or you may need something a little slower to ease you into things.

Thanks for the reply Paul !

I would jump at the chance to do an intensive course as i would happily put the hours in all hours of the day to get results on projects ! Only problem is i work full time and work/live in two different places so commute at weekends. hence why i think distance/online courses would work great. Not the ideal situation as an intense daily course with people around would be much better !

Back