Wagamamas Tshirt ReDesign Competition

Georgina Martin

Wagamamas are running a competition to find a talented young designer who will re-design the Wagamama staff uniform.

The Positive Design campaign is designed to increase the brand awareness by embracing the restaurant’s quirkiness and creativity and its desire to support young creativity.

The campaign launched on Oct 1st 2009 and closes on 12th November – it is open for a 6 week period.

About the competition:

The Positive Design commpetition by by Wagamama is giving students at your university the chance to submit designs online. One design will be chosen at the end of the competition.

The winner will receive:
- £1000
- 1-2 week work experience with contaainer plus – a multi disciplinary design collective
- See their design in every wagamama in the UK
(Please note they do not need to be students)

I would like it if people would give feedback to this campaign idea, I am a student myself studying at Plymouth University and I think its great that Wagamamas are reaching out to young designers.

For more information concerning the competition please see
wagamama | positive eating + positive living

Hi Georgina,

just to let you know that you've posted this in a couple of other threads already.. please don't make me delete all of them.

Thank you :)

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

If there is an interest then you will get replys :) competitions are a bit hit and miss on this forum just so you know :)

Are you wanting us to enter this competition or just to advise you whether you should enter it or not? I don't know why you wouldn't want to enter it... looks good and you could get free food!!

allyally2k said:
Are you wanting us to enter this competition or just to advise you whether you should enter it or not? I don't know why you wouldn't want to enter it... looks good and you could get free food!!

A grands worth of noodles! :clap:

Saw this when I was in wagamamas the other week, was tempted but didn't bother thinking about it again

good prize, which is a change for a comp, might have a gander at this when I've got more time.

I was in there the other day when I saw this advertised, I was thinking of entering actually, could be fun.

I've been informed by the company that the competition is still wide open. Even though you only have a few more days to enter it is still worth your while looking through your portfolios or coming up with some new fresh designs. All the best.

Georgina Martin said:
I've been informed by the company that the competition is still wide open. Even though you only have a few more days to enter it is still worth your while looking through your portfolios or coming up with some new fresh designs. All the best.

How rude.

Hey its a time saver if you have anything relevant and usable worth throwing at it. Kind of like a pre-written cover letter.

Sorry to offend Ralph, I was merely suggesting if there was anything you feel you could use that you have already created, and seeing as you would be paid for the design its a great way to boost your work.

Back