Vinyl lettering

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomStutt

Right peeps

Greg said on Twitter that some people on here can provide vinyl lettering to go on a car.

I have a idea of what I want but I dont have a huge budget. Im not expecting something for nothing and if its more than I have I will save a bit more, but I just need an idea of how much it will cost.

Im happy to apply it onto my car so it would be just to supply.

Right this is what I want

Sides

TOMSTUTTDESIGN ("TOMSTUTT" in white "DESIGN" in yellow/orange @ size 8cm high)
GRAPHIC WEB ILLUSTRATION (All in light grey about 6cm high)
M. 07805 003786 E. [email protected] ("M." and "E." in yellow/orange and rest in white @ 6cm high)

Tom Stutt Design :: Graphic and Web design (In white @ 6 cm high)

Front bonnet

TOMSTUTTDESIGN ("TOMSTUTT" in white "DESIGN" in yellow/orange @ size 6cm high)
Tom Stutt Design :: Graphic and Web design (In white @ 4cm high)

Boot

Tom Stutt Design :: Graphic and Web design (In yellow/orange @ 4cm high for window).

I think thats it. Let me know if anyone can do this. Thanks

Hi Tom,

As mentioned on Twitter, you should be able to set out the lettering in the font you would like with letter spacing etc, then save font to outlines and save as an EPS file. Most vinyl cutting software will allow import of EPS files, so this will save them choosing a font for you, you can also set out the text at the height & width you need too.

I used to work at a local signmakers years ago, so know a few things about cutting vinyl :)

For the bonnet and boot, do you know the exact locations they're going to be at? as you may need to take into account any curves in the body shape which will obviously throw your baseline off. Also it may be worth getting a few spares cut if this is your first time applying vinyl, as it can so easily go wrong!

Hi Tom,

we can do this for you, I'll do you a super dooper DF diddly doo discounty doodle too. Set your artwork up in illustrator at full size, outline your fonts, send me an eps or ai file and I'll send you a price back.

As Greg said, measure your car where you want it to go, and check it all fits on flat surfaces if possible.

[email protected]

:up:

Excellent. Cheers Tom. Il work out the sizes and positions and il get back to you.

Cheers Tom and cheers Greg

The place I work can do this as well, but I can't promise a super-dooper price like Tom!
Feel free to send the artwork to me if you want another price, but chances are Tom will be cheaper.

Cheers Ken

Lets have battle of the prices. I might end up getting it done for a bag of maltesers. lol

only joking.

Hi Tom,

What car do you have? I have a fair few vector plan views that may help you to lay this out but depends on what car it's going on.

I've done a fair few car wraps and just one thing to bear in mind is positioning of any lettering over things like door edges/ petrol caps etc, as this can chop off or distort in the gaps depending on the positioning.

I've done a fair few car wraps and just one thing to bear in mind is positioning of any lettering over things like door edges/ petrol caps etc, as this can chop off or distort in the gaps depending on the positioning.

Edit: I've just noticed you're planning this quite small so shouldn't be an issue for you, but worth bearing in mind if you ever do full wraps or go larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back