Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Milk Bottles

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by ARRIVALS, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I was recently going through my mum's garage and found 3 boxes of vintage milk bottles. They're the ones from the 70's and 80's, back when they were used for advertising as well. I've got about 70 of them, with adverts for various companies, Cadburys, Cornflakes, Mars, KitKat etc...

Not really sure what to do with them or if they're worth any money etc..

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

3. ARRIVALS

Cheers for that. They look great, just no idea what to do with them.

4. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

A chum of mine - his wife used to collect and deal them on ebay - he said she made quite a lot - strange but true. Maybe you have some unusual ones? Worth a try (ebay) if you don't want them.

Surprised me at the time - folk collecting milk bottles.

5. ARRIVALS

Cheers for that. I mean if it were a regular milk bottle I guess my mum, or I infact, wouldn't have been interested. But the graphics on the side of them look awesome. I might use a few as flower holders around the kitchen or something.

Looking around on some websites, people are selling them for £5-£8 each. I could make a few hundred pound out of them.

6. Toppers

Toppers Member

I wonder if its worth taking some nice photographs of them and try to sell the prints?

7. ARRIVALS

Oh nice idea. Didn't even think of that. They would make great pieces of wall art. Want to buy one? £15!

8. Toppers

Toppers Member

Um, I actually think I should be demanding a 50% stake of all sales for my entrepreneurism! :icon_tongue_smilie:

9. Toppers

Toppers Member

Oh and by the way... we can print them for you and on canvas if need be!

10. ARRIVALS

Yea fair enough. Tell you what. Send me over some prices for print on canvas and uncoated paper. A3 and A2. Full colour. I just got the notification of the message you just sent whilst typing this re:printing!

11. Toppers

Toppers Member

Our website has all of our printing prices on. You can place your orders online.

Give us a minute and i'll find you some direct links.

12. Toppers

Toppers Member

13. ARRIVALS

Thanks for that. Do you do an uncoated stock for the large format printing?

14. Toppers

Toppers Member

We'd always recommend photographs to be printed onto the photo satin:
    Toppers Print on Demand)

You could use 180gsm heavy coated, however it is not recommended as we can't guarantee how much ink will seep into the stock, which may cause problems for you if you're needed to keep it flat.
    Toppers Print on Demand)

15. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

I love these. They're really awesome. I'd love to see a whole collection of them. They'd definitely make nice prints.

16. VLAHAKISA

VLAHAKISA Member

You luck old dog you

Yes they are worth something! I saw something very similar selling in Selfridges for an arm and a leg the other day! :D

So careful before you start selling them for peanuts because someone else is selling them for £18 each here too - vintage milk bottle by velvet ribbon | notonthehighstreet.com

Good luck! :)

17. ARRIVALS

Oh nice. Thanks for that. Wonder if they actually sell those for that price?