Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very keen learner! Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by LewisB, Sep 25, 2014.

1. LewisB

LewisB New Member

My names is Lewis and i'm beginning my journey of graphic design. I plan to learn as much as possible through doing a level 3 course or a HND along with self study. Preferably self study as I want to learn as quick as possible. At the moment i'm familiar with Photoshop mainly but can also use Indesign and Illustrator to produce your usual run of the mill jobs (Business Cards, Leaflets, Brochures, Logos etc).

If anybody can point out some places to learn further or tutorials that would be great! If by any chance somebody would mentor me in exchange for me helping them with their workload I'd be even more thankful.

Look forward to hearing from you guys and becoming part of the community.
  2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums, good luck on your journey.
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the GDF.
  4. Inkling

Inkling New Member

Hi! I'm a student as well. I really like and as far as online resources go.
  5. PriyeshDesign

PriyeshDesign Member

Hey Lewis, how enterprising are you! :icon_notworthy:

As you are full of energy and spirit to learn graphic design. There are 2 words my mentor taught me that you need to remember for any design project you do:

Critical and Creative.

Apart from tutorials, it would be beneficial to subscribe to 'Computer Arts' magazines and bookmark design inspiration websites like 'Creative Bloq'.

We are all here to guide you but it's you who is leading.

Also if possible, try and land yourself an internship design role!
  6. hey ive just joined up as well so likewise -> welcome :D