Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utter Disgrace

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Nov 4, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

not that I am condoning it or anything but the roma gypsy culture do have young weddings (12-15 year old is normal) as they see adulthood as something that happens at an earlier age than we do.

There may be more to the story than the press is telling us as well and in some countries the legal age of consent is less than in the UK too.
  3. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Maybe in our Society Glen, but in Romania, its common place, for youngsters to get married and the obvious activities that brings. In fact countries such as the Germany the age of consent is 14 and Spain is 13! ... yet with our laws and what nots we still have the highest teenage pregnancies in Europe! GO FIGURE!

just for clarification...

The age of consent in Romania is 15, as specified by the Romanian Criminal Code, Article 218 (Sexual intercourse with a minor), which reads: "Sexual intercourse, of any nature, with a person of the other sex or of the same sex, who has not reached the age of 15, shall be punished by strict imprisonment from 3 to 10 years and the prohibition of certain rights."
    Having sex with a minor over the age of 15 until the age of 18 is statutory rape if the sexual act is done by two categories: I. The person abused his or her authority or influence over the victim or the victim's trust. II. The person is the tutor, curator, supervisor, providing care, medication or education and using that capacity over the victim to gain consent.

Which may be what this news story is really about.
  4. glenwheeler

10 years old, for goodness sake come on...think about it
  5. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I was more interested in ninja turtles and ghostbusters when I was 10!
  6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

You still are Jim.
  7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

spiderman and he-man here iirc
  8. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

The war was on...spitfire and hurricanes...daggga daggga daggga.

What's a banana daddy?
  9. glenwheeler

Mika Hakkinen for me...Oh and danger mouse
  10. Mark Alexander

Mark Alexander Senior Member

Danger Mouse and Banana Man.

Now I'm going to waste an hour on YouTube, thanks. :p