Using Webplus for webdesign

bigmaz

Hi guys

I have been using Webplus for a while, and have created a few websites with it. The ones I have created sites for have said I should start advertising and start making money for it. Now, i know Weblpus is probably a swear word to you proper web deigners, do you think i should go for it? Obv Serif is for people like me who know nothing about coding etc. And i'll be charging very little compared to the big guys. Just people have said they cannot afford a proper web designer to create maybe a 1 or 2 page website, but are not able to create a professional looking website themselves, maybe there is a market for me there? Or do you think I will be ripping people off using Webplus?

Regards
Bigmaz

Or do you think I will be ripping people off using Webplus?
No, you've bought it and invested the time in learning how to use it, where's the rip off? If you've built up a customer base, as well, good for you, go for it. But keep learning.

Hi,

I was wondering how you getting on with webplus and your web designer start up?

I have just purchased Webplus X4 but I thought it would allow my client to update/edit the content text of their website.
Unless I haven't found out how to do it yet, it seems that it s not possible.

Any advice on that issue?

Hi

I have designed a few sites now, my most recent being:

WS Fireplace : Edinburgh Fireplace Fitters

I love Webplus. And my clients seem to be happy. X4 does have a CMS function in it, I have not yet tried it, but need to look into it. Hope you enjoy Webplus. If i were you, i'd get onto the serif forums, they have lotsa ppl on there that help with any questions you have with Webplus.

Cheers
Martin

Well done - but it is a good idea to learn something about coding / html /css. You can then lose all the style code at the top of the website code and the 'web spiders' will find the site more easily. It's all part of what a good designer should be doing - helping their customer to get out there.

Hi Kate

I have yet to "SEO" it up, so I do not have any META tags etc in yet. I shall be doing that soon. But yeah, i do need to learn more about CSS.

Back