User Select Colour

Renniks

Hello everyone, just wondering on your opinion of a colour selection tool on a portfolio page, so the user can have it in different colours?

Worthwhile show of a technique? Pointless as no-one would use it? Worth putting in, and keeping an eye on using analytics? Other opinions? :D

Thanks everyone

Always love to get your replies. (and hopefully some of my questions help others with ideas and answer questions they havent asked yet)

Mark

nice idea. i like it. maybe not entirely relevant or useful, but still sounds fun :p

i'd have to see a real life example but to be honest as long as it looks professional and installs confidence in the user, why the hell not/

Thats pretty nice :D

Wondering if it's as viable to something you will only look at once, but like tim said, why the hell not :D

Not sure how you would track it via analytics as such, because the best way to do it would probably to add a bit of javascript and get it to change the background-color or background-image properties of the <body>.

surely it would have to be a click on the page and that can be tracked by analytics no?

Or a link, again trackable...

Not so much tracking the change, but tracking the use of it.

But of course, the color that visitors see first will always be used the most. And I'm thinking that all the other ones would be used equally because they will most likely try out all of them a couple of times to compare. Why do you want analytics on this anyway?

I only mentioned analytics to see if it was worth keeping, if it was never clicked / examined it wouldnt even be worth having as those looking at the site arent viewing the feature. If it was used, it wouldnt be so bad having it there, even if it was just for testing the feature that seems worth it.

Indeed the most important colour is the first.

Back