User Interface Designers

letty

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to ask your opinion. I'm a self taught graphic designer for quite some time, I specialize in print and web design. And 3 years ago I've worked as a Junior UI designer specializing in Mobile Apps. Most of my works includes app icon, mobile screen interfaces, assets etc.
I'm asking what went wrong with me, Almost a year now that I don't have a full time job, Is it my resume, cover letter, or my skills need to upgrade?
(I'm not that fluent in english and its hard for me to express my self when it comes to my passion for designing.).

Thanks
Letty.

Without seeing your portfolio, CV it's hard to make a guess as to what might be wrong. It could be any number of things that are wrong, or just simply a case of working in a competitive market. It could be a lack of experience that puts employers off.

What skills besides UI design do you have? Are you experienced with front-end development at all? Do you have experience using frameworks like Material Design? What sort of companies/agencies are you approaching for work?

Thanks paul, and yes your right a lot things to consider. And one of that was the competitive market, my experienced and strong portfolio. I'm not a front-end development and had no experienced on frameworks. My target companies that I am applying for is the web/Mobile app industry.

Back