Urgent help - Converting to an .scr file

zoe

Hey fellow designers,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with .scr files, I'm a bit clueless and has had a member of my team promise that i can provide a client with this file format, this can be from any original file type jpeg pdf or whatever is best, but i have no idea how to do it. So any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I would guess they're after a screensaver because .scr is usually the format for them. Without more info though it's a bit hard to really comment.

You'll likely need to use a program to create it. I created an animation recently that a developer just imported into some software and exported as a screensaver. No idea what it's called but it was about £80 to buy I think.

Apparently Irfanview can create a screensaver and that was free last time I looked.

Thanks for your replies, its just a static image (infographic) does it even need to be a .scr if it doesn't move?

that might be a little different to what the client is after. I think we're missing some important info, can you explain a little more about what you're doing etc.

All the info i have been given is that the client wants a .scr file for use as a screensaver, the project itself is a A2 poster which is an infographic for printing, do we need more info from the client? Thanks for your response

Sounds like you need to have a discussion with your member of the team that agreed to the scr and find out why it was requested if at all, worst case scenario you'd need to chat with the client. If all you're doing is an a2 poster infographic then the scr file format shouldn't have even come up in conversation. However if the client wanted an 'animated infographic for displaying on a monitor' it would be a different situation as you would need to create that animated file for display.

Again thank you for your help, last question...

So just to clarify an .scr file is for animated screensavers only?

not just for screensavers but generally that's what people are referring to when they mention .scr. They don't have to be animated but usually they are, they're the ones shown by windows when it goes into screensaver mode.
http://filext.com/file-extension/SCR

Back