Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Website - would love feedback

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by RedApple, May 11, 2009.

1. RedApple

RedApple New Member

Hi everyone,

I have updated my graphic and web design website and would appreciate some feedback. You can find the site at:

Red Apple Graphic Design - Swindon Web and Graphic Design Company - Home Page

I need to add more of my portfolio and would like to use the application where you click on the image and it comes up in a new window, and then you click anywhere to close the window. I know that sounds vague, but can anyone recommend something that is not too tricky to implement as I am more of a graphic designer than a programmer!

Thanks so much in anticipation of your feedback.
  2. ItsDave

ItsDave New Member

For the design side of things its not too bad. However:

- You need to get rid of the Javascript navigation, it wont do you any favours!
    - Your site has no real meta tags, keywords, description etc. Although ignored by most search engines, it does change how your site is displayed in the search results.
    - The link to "site terms" doesn't work.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
  3. DougBarned

DougBarned Member

I agree, not too bad :)

you do have a lot of HTML issues, which you could address.

For the clicking image and getting a larger version, there is a good list of lightbox effects here. Or consider a css solution? Many examples can be found here.