Updated website with navigation!

Hi,

I've worked some more on my new website. I'm pleased with it but would appreciate some comments/suggestions. I'm still adding designs and will be tweaking it but I think it's nearly there. I'm going for a clean minimal look with easy navigation.

Thanks

Greg

Hi,

I've used a design template on a website that allows you to build websites and the template dimensions are set. I probably could change them but I like the size of the website because most websites are the same size so mine's a little different. I think my website is compact and easy to navigate. I would like the main focus to be on my designs so I'm not looking for too much distraction although I will be adding my own branding. The designs enlarge so I don't think the site needs to be any bigger.

I welcome your ideas and knowledge on web design though. I've read some interesting tips from you!

Regards

Greg

Hi,

I've worked some more on my new website. I'm pleased with it but would appreciate some comments/suggestions. I'm still adding designs and will be tweaking it but I think it's nearly there. I'm going for a clean minimal look with easy navigation.

Thanks

Greg
The site is coming along nicely. What software are you using to bring your work up in a new window? I would like to add something like this to my site to show my work.

I will also look for some ideas/templates for yours as your graphic design skills are so brilliant you need a brilliant site to show them off on.

Thanks. I appreciate your comments.

I used the weebly website to help create my website. Basically weebly give you the tools to create a website. CSS has already been done behind the scenes so it's literally drag and drop.

My previous website is: Gregory Harris Graphic Designer. It was actually created by a web designer but I never really liked the PDF downloading element and nobody else did either!

If you want more variety and flash than it's best to create the website yourself but this works for me for the time being. Later I would like to get into web design and learn CSS.

As for content on my website. I'm looking to add more varied work and freelance projects. I'm a book cover designer so at the moment that's the majority of my work.

By the way, enlarging the designs was what I''d been looking to do for ages so I was really pleased when I saw it happen on my website!

Regards

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the message. You are right about the pdf downloads. How do you get the work for doing the book covers? I want to come away from web design as I am enjoying the design aspect so much. I need to train myself on CSS also as I am still using tables! I re-did my site over the weekend and have just seen it in the new version of IE - the screen was huge and so was the site and the menu had moved down to the next line of the page. I actually taught myself design also around 4 years ago. My site is shown below if you want to take a look, it is the Red Apple site.

What was it you used to make the images bigger?

Hi,

I've loked at your website and it looks good but I think you could perhaps have the navigation bars seperate, perhaps make that your home page. It looks a little cluttered with everything together. I like the navigation, easy and the size is like mine so it's good to see someone else using a similar template. It will improve your site to be able to enlarge the images. All I can say is that weebly provided the enlarging element with the design template. If you look at other sites it's quite popular to have a window open with the little timer going around in the middle! It's probably just a few lines of CSS to achieve the enlarging but I'm sorry I don't actually know.

I work for Elsevier, a book publishing company in Oxford. That's my main job but like I said I'm trying to expand my design work by doing some freelance work. It's essential nowadays to have an online portfolio. Like yourself people do like my work but most have said I need more varied work and that's what I'm working on! Do you perhaps have any advice on expanding my portfolio?

Have a good day

Greg

Back