Updated Logo/Identity

Do you really need the word 'designer' after your logo?

The card already has you down as a freelance garphic and web design fella.

Just a thought.

Hi Ross,

That's something I couldn't decide on at first, I was thinking I needed it to say what I am and what I do, but as you say in print or on the web it will be next to my work or my title/services, so perhaps it is pointless having it there? Hmm...

Would be good to get feedback on my latest revision...
Put the main details on the front, removed 'designer' from under my name as Ross pointed out was a bit pointless repeating it, and just put a subtle line on the reverse with my website address. I'm hoping to have this as a die-cut, with the solid blue on the reverse.

gregcard3.png

I'm liking it Greg!

looking at the cards placed the other way around I think your right about cutting out the inner cricles of the g being a bit over the top!

I look forward to seeing the website!

Thanks tbwcf!
Appreciate everyone's feedback on this thread, I think it's very nearly there :)
Hoping to get started on the new look website over the weekend, will no doubt post for feedback once at a reasonable stage.

Cheers,
Greg

to be honest dude. i think it looks pretty stale.

there's no need to have a GF insignia right next to your full name, and to be honest.
there's not much need to have designer written underneath. i can't think of a single instance when i'd put designer next to my freelance identity.

go with some nice clean type and let your name breathe on it's own without confusing it with clutter.

it'll seem alot more confident and you'll come across alot more competent.

There's a bit about it in Paul Arden's 'It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be'. All about how you can be percieved differently by how you design your businesscard, or indeed, whether you choose to have one or not.

check it out.

No worries Gré, what do you think of the updated version with the 'designer' taken off, and the cut-out, etc?
Still too much in your opinion?

Will try and check out 'It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be', sounds interesting!

Cheers,
Greg

To be honest man, yeah. I still think it's too much.

Just my opinion though. I always try to keep minimal colours in stuff. 1 or 2 maximum. especially on business cards. It looks more confident.

My rule of thumb is compare yourself to the best and be honest with yourself. If it doesn't sit next to the work of your heroes... then it ain't good enough.

gre said:
To be honest man, yeah. I still think it's too much.

Just my opinion though. I always try to keep minimal colours in stuff. 1 or 2 maximum. especially on business cards. It looks more confident.

My rule of thumb is compare yourself to the best and be honest with yourself. If it doesn't sit next to the work of your heroes... then it ain't good enough.

Thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated. It is kept to 2 colours in a way in terms of print as the grey's are just tints of black, and then the blue is the second.

Whilst I would love for my work to sit next to that of my heroes, there is an element of this identity and design needs to appeal to my target clients, who are usually small businesses. So my only concern would be in emulating the design of my heroes I wouldn't be appealing to my target market and would be appealing to theirs, giving the impression to my clients that I'm too expensive for them?

Thanks for the feedback everyone,
Greg

I'll see what my budgets can stretch too :D
Will be looking at trying to refine the design a bit more, but will post final version when completed.

Thanks again,
Greg

like the updated variations typeface is very welcoming and it almost feels as though the logo reads "gregfriendly". nice one!

sorry for post-stalking you timsby, not meaning to!

but yeah Greg, particularly like the cut-out cards, awesome reaches a new level. It's now called Greg Findley.

Back