Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by allyally2k, Nov 7, 2009.

1. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Anyone seen it? Heard it makes everyone cry but good reviews like 97% on rotten tomatoes!

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not seen it yet, heard really good things about it, although didn't feel that interested in watching it after seeing the trailer? I noticed the same, that's a seriously high rating for RT!!

Think Chris has seen it?

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Same as greg, lots of great reviews from everyone, and not been interested to see it.

Watched the men who stare at goats and loved it!

4. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Yeah the trailer doesn't really seem that good, but think i will have to go see it anyway!

5. yeah seen UP in 3D.. Its an emotionally turbulant film :) but very good never-the-less :)

6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

the first 15 minutes are the saddest thing pixar have ever done!

7. couldn't agree with you more Mike.. brought a tear to my eye .. also a scene in the last 15/20 minutes is also just as sad :(

8. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Saw it with the college crew (lol - doesn't that sound ridiculous), took a minibus down there. Was quite good in 3D, a good film for 3D as lots of varying depths, if that makes sense.

Decent enough film, not a touch on the old toy story's etc though. Worth a watch once.

9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

slightly going tohave to disagree fred, I think pixar are probably the safest bets when it comes to films, their weakest outing was cars and that was very good.

up is up there ongst heir best I think, cue the never ending pixar debate, I'm going with ratatoulie, memo and monsters Inc

10. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Monsters Inc was good, nemo was pretty good too. Don't think Up is quite at that level though, although I've only seen it the once.

11. tim

tim Senior Member

great even in 2D.

beautiful film and really good finish

12. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

up?? what is it a movie?

13. tim

tim Senior Member

yep .

14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

pixar just dont do anything bad in my book

15. tim

tim Senior Member

well it's owned by steve jobs ;)

16. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

have you seen mr fox yet?

17. tim

tim Senior Member

yep.

is really really good with pretty damn good ending.

stop motion too!

18. Becky

Becky Member

oooh I really want to see fantastic mr fox, got a week off work might have to pop down the cinema while it's quiet :D

19. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

do it! end of.

Tim, i was thinking about badgers chosen desktop.

20. Becky

Becky Member

hmm week off, double odeon points... it must be done!